MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem orgo vs chem bio orgo lelekb Academics 17 06-08-2011 12:33 AM
orgo chem in summer school? doppelganger Academics 21 04-02-2011 03:17 PM
Textbook Advice for Orgo Chem 2OA3 ikantsepll Academics 26 08-26-2010 07:55 AM
Summer school orgo chem LBJ.MVP Academics 0 03-24-2010 07:12 PM
Course Material for Orgo CHEM 2OA3 and 2OB3 Wolf11 Academics 8 07-17-2009 09:14 AM

Anyone have taken orgo chem II in Athabasca?

Old 04-15-2012 at 09:11 PM   #1
Unregistered

Anyone have taken orgo chem II in Athabasca?
Here is my case:
I really want to finish both orgo I and II during summer
but I must travel to another country in early July (so that means I cant take term II for orgo II)

So I'm thinking to take orgo II online, but I dont know if it is possible for me to do to the lab when I come back (early Sept)

Or ..do I have other options??

Thanks!

[I'm attending mac in sept, sorry i'm bit too early to plan so far... but i want to plan everything before doing the course selection in may!]
Old 04-15-2012 at 09:35 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Wait, so it will be your first year this coming September? Won't you have to take chem1A03/AA3 before orgo I and II?
Old 04-15-2012 at 09:45 PM   #3
Unregistered

I am talking about the next summer
so I will take chem in yr1
Old 04-15-2012 at 09:57 PM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

You don't have to select courses for next summer till that summer gets here. o___o

But anyway. If you do it through Athabasca, you have to do the labs over one weekend here at Mac. Idk if they'll let you do them in Sept, I doubt it.
Old 04-15-2012 at 10:03 PM   #5
Unregistered

oh..really.. still good to know now ..

Will Athabasca be easier than taking it in mac in regular year?
I heard that taking orgo chem in regular class is hard , that's why i want to take orgo chem during summer
Old 04-15-2012 at 10:42 PM   #6
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Really, I don't know. I've just heard you can take it there, and summer courses are said to be generally easier, but...yeah.

I took it this year (Just finished the final for the second orgo last week, so). Yes, it is hard. BUT. That all depends on how much effort you put in. If you KNOW you'll be able to put in an hour every day, you're good. If you know that even after saying, "Oh, I'll try my best!" you still won't, that's when you need to reconsider.

Each class is already really crammed full of information and hard to follow, and that's the regular school year. In the summer, it'll be 6 hrs of information a week. Depends on how comfortable and how COMMITTED you are. I can't stress enough how important practice is, haha. Also, there's always a LOT of help available all the time.

I suppose it boils down to what works best for you. If you haven't started at Mac yet, then I'd suggest stalling your decision till you have to start picking courses for the summer next year.
Old 04-15-2012 at 11:44 PM   #7
Unregistered

thanks I think I will wait till when I pick my courses then!