MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Social Science Welcome Week Rep 2010 Applications open! huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 15 02-26-2010 08:40 PM
Applications for residence life staff Flag Residence & Housing 32 12-17-2009 04:20 PM
What are Residence Life Staff? kokosas Residence & Housing 1 07-04-2008 08:53 PM
RLS Staff Applications lorend Clubs 2 12-28-2007 06:34 PM

Applications Now Open for Residence Life Staff 2009-2010

Applications Now Open for Residence Life Staff 2009-2010

Applications are now open for new and returning applicants. Previous residence experience not required.

The role you are applying for is a transformative leadership experience - one of the top sought-after leadership positions at McMaster! As such, the selection process is multi-faceted and designed to allow you to showcase the attitude, skills and experiences you bring with you to serve the residents of tomorrow.

The Residence Life Management Team looks forward to reviewing your application and seeing you at the Assessment Centres.

To apply, go to www.macrls.com and fill out an online application.
Join us on Facebook: McMaster Residence Life Staff: 2009-2010 Applicants

*******Join us at an Information Session:********
* Info sessions are mandatory in order to be eligible to apply

Mon Dec 1 6:30pm-7:30pm Les Prince Conference Room
Fri Dec 12 2pm-3pm Council Chambers, GH 111

Wed Jan 7 10:30pm-11:30pm Council Chambers, GH 111
Thurs Jan 8 5:30pm-6:30pm Council Chambers, GH 111
Fri Jan 9 3:30pm - 4:30pm Council Chambers, GH 111
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 12-08-2008 at 10:54 AM   #2
manu
jack
Faculty: Science
Year: Masters

Liked: 75 Times
when is the deadline to apply?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 12-08-2008 at 11:32 AM   #3
bauhaual
Program: Medical Radiation Science
Year: Alumni

Liked: 0 Times
As stated on the on-line application form:
All applications are due by 12 noon on Wednesday, January 14th, 2009.

Therefore, you have until after the break to decide if you want to apply or not.
The last mandatory RLS information session in on January 9th from 3:30-4:30 - so you have until that day to decide if you're going to attend an information session or not. Attending one is mandatory, and you cannot apply if you have not attended one.
Old 12-08-2008 at 11:52 AM   #4
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization
Year: Other

Liked: 352 Times
I'll put an announcement about this up on the main page =)

Old 12-08-2008
temara.brown
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:51 AM   #5
Eva C
Elite Member
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Les Prince Hall 613 (06/07), Mary. E. Keyes 410(07/08), Brandon Hall (08/09), Les Prince (09/10)

Liked: 3 Times
if you want more information, you can also join the facebook group created by the RLS mangers and staff. There is more information on it about the application time line (when you have training days, interview days, etc)

McMaster Residence Life Staff: 2009-2010 Applicants
Old 12-11-2008 at 11:02 AM   #6
Willmountain
Master and Commander
Program: Kinesiology
Year: Fourth

Liked: 69 Times
Does anyone know when the welcome week rep applications go up? Probably way later. But any information would be sweeeet
Old 12-11-2008 at 11:24 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
After RLS selection is complete.

Last year there was a mandatory meeting before Reading Week and one afterward.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-11-2008 at 11:33 AM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Les Prince Hall 613 (06/07), Mary. E. Keyes 410(07/08), Brandon Hall (08/09), Les Prince (09/10)

Liked: 3 Times
Welcome Week Representative

Applications open January 26th, 2009.
Old 12-18-2008 at 10:56 AM   #9
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
Is it possible to apply for both a Welcome Week rep and CA? Just in case you don't get into one and you want the other. I have an issue though...What are the chances of CA selection? I really want to be a CA but we don't find out til later on and my friend has an off campus housing option for me but I would have to let him know by the beginning of January. So I'm not too sure what to do :S If I can become a CA then I wouldn't need the off campus housing next year. Thanks. =)
Old 12-18-2008 at 11:06 AM   #10
nicole.h
Program: Nursing
Year: Fourth
Residence: Mary Keyes '09-'10 (Room 307), Wallingford '08-'09 (Room 208), Hedden Hall '06-'07 (Room 251)

Liked: 1 Time
You cannot apply to be both a residence welcome week rep and a CA but you can be a faculty rep and a CA (or a residence welcome week rep).

If you apply for a CA position you will be notified before welcome week selections go out.

As for housing, there will always be a room available somewhere, since people always have rooms but you might not be able to sign a lease with your friends. It is a toss-up. You do find out pretty quickly if you have moved on to the next round.

Good luck!!
Old 12-18-2008 at 11:16 AM   #11
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Aww, that suck. I was hoping I can apply to become both a CA and a Welcome Week rep. Which one do I have a better chance at becoming? Another question...When would it be possible to apply for an executive position on the MSU? I was involved in a lot of leadership roles in my high school and it would be great if I can get involved here as well.
Old 12-18-2008 at 12:07 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies

You can apply for any of the BOD (MSU Pres, any of the 3 VP jobs) positions after the end of first year. However, unless you have a LOT of MSU/on-campus experience, I highly doubt you'd be selected.

They look for students who have taken leadership roles in university...and as a first year you're not often able to go for such a position, with the exception of FYC.

I would try getting involved in SRA first... February (I think) SRA elections start.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-19-2008 at 09:00 AM   #13
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Aha, I see. Yeah, I plan on gaining a lot of MSU on-campus experience by joining a whole bunch of clubs over the next few years. A lot of things have been going during first term so I was unable to join a lot of clubs/services. I only joined SWHAT and Maroons first term so I am hoping I can join a few more clubs next term.
Old 12-19-2008 at 02:15 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You can also start applying for MSU part-time jobs (Compass, Union Market etc) starting in Term II for next year (2009-2010). They're also really good experience to have (especially if you get up to part-time management), because you'll know how the MSU functions better.

And...it's fun!!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search