MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying for OSAP gongshow Academics 7 07-21-2010 05:36 PM
Applying to Co-Op Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 02:35 PM
applying for reinstatement myInteger Academics 30 06-26-2009 01:32 AM
Applying for reinstatement ali999 Academics 3 05-02-2009 10:50 PM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

Applying for reinstatement

Old 03-14-2013 at 07:21 PM   #1
vittycakes

Liked: 0 Times

Applying for reinstatement
Is it possible to get reinstated if you did poorly first semester, but did much better during second? Like you got a 4 average first semester and a 9.5 during second? I'm in life science and want to go to medical school some day so I'm worried especially as I didn't take a full course load and i won't be accepted into any of the limited enrolment second year programs. There was a lot that i wasnt aware of when i was making decisions about what to do first semester.

If someone can help me out, id really appreciate it. I'm seeing the academic advisor soon as well, but i wanted to hear from you guys too
Old 03-14-2013 at 07:24 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittycakes View Post
Is it possible to get reinstated if you did poorly first semester, but did much better during second? Like you got a 4 average first semester and a 9.5 during second? I'm in life science and want to go to medical school some day so I'm worried especially as I didn't take a full course load and i won't be accepted into any of the limited enrolment second year programs. There was a lot that i wasnt aware of when i was making decisions about what to do first semester.

If someone can help me out, id really appreciate it. I'm seeing the academic advisor soon as well, but i wanted to hear from you guys too
Doesn't sound like you failed out if you got a 4 and a 9.5 overall in the semesters. Can't be reinstated if you don't fail out.

Sorry, but you're going to have to work off that crappy first semester for the rest of university.
Old 03-14-2013 at 07:33 PM   #3
vittycakes

Liked: 0 Times

Im not sure what my final would be for second semester, but I was wondering because I had heard of people getting reinstated after they show improvement not necessarily because you failed out. I wanted to apply for biochem in second year but I didn't get the 4 c+'s and above you need to get into the program.
Old 03-14-2013 at 08:10 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittycakes View Post
Im not sure what my final would be for second semester, but I was wondering because I had heard of people getting reinstated after they show improvement not necessarily because you failed out. I wanted to apply for biochem in second year but I didn't get the 4 c+'s and above you need to get into the program.
I think you're confusing reinstatement with something else...
Reinstatement only occurs after you have been told you "may not continue" at the university...and a 4 average isn't low enough to be kicked out.