MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying to be a Scico? Afsha-noon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-11-2013 09:29 PM
Applying to Co-Op Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 02:35 PM
Apply to be a Scico! 2010 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 21 03-31-2010 05:06 PM
Scico Applications Up! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 9 03-25-2009 02:23 PM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

Applying to Scico and Welcome Week Rep

Old 03-09-2013 at 10:39 AM   #1
beebee2

Liked: 4 Times

Applying to Scico and Welcome Week Rep
Hey all! I applied to both being a Scico and a Welcome Week res rep and I got both interviews. It seems that this year we're not allowed to dual rep so if I got accepted to both positions, would I be able to withdraw from one of the positions?

Also just curious, which one would you guys rather be?
Old 03-09-2013 at 10:42 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Yes, that's why they have waiting lists. People always drop out for various reasons. Lol they can't make an offer binding

Personally I'd prefer the res rep.
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:50 AM   #3
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

I've only ever been a Scico but I found it to be an great experience. Especially since the planners this year are amazing.

I think either choice is fine, but res rep is definitely more work. That's not to say being a scico isn't a lot of work! We've dominated campus all of welcome week!
Old 03-12-2013 at 02:26 AM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Having been a Faculty, Rez and Maroon rep within the last four years, I found my Residence Rep experience to be by far the most rewarding. People apply to be a rep for various reasons and are willing to commit different levels into it, for me I was willing to completely dedicate one entire week from 7am to 1am to the Rez Rep job (which by far requires the most commitment), ignoring social activities during frosh week just because I valued the connections I was able to make and the positive influence I was for my floor and other first years in Brandon. To this day I am still in touch with or acknowledge many of them on campus, while my faculty experience with Social Sciences wasn't bad it was a totally different kind of experience with more interactions with your fellow reps then first years. Especially for Science which has by far the largest rep team on campus, I don't know how I would fare. But again there are people who are really committed to their faculty, would prefer to go home at decent hours and wake up later and still have a social life, Faculty repping might be a better fit.

Again not putting down one over the other, I just have personal preferences.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

beebee2, mangam3, VitaSoy like this.
Old 03-19-2013 at 06:59 PM   #5
beebee2

Liked: 4 Times

Thank you all for sharing, I love hearing your stories!
Fingers crossed for an offer