MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alumni Applying to Mac Grad Program upward Academics 1 12-30-2015 08:54 AM
Applying for second year Programs? trottm First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-10-2015 10:40 PM
Applying to Second Year Programs fatimaa Academics 6 12-29-2013 03:37 PM
Applying to second year programs? lizziemcg Academics 1 02-12-2011 01:12 PM
Programs at Mac manu General Discussion 8 06-28-2009 09:12 PM

Applying to two programs at Mac

Old 09-09-2017 at 10:58 AM   #1
lossttre

Liked: 0 Times

Applying to two programs at Mac
Hey everyone, I'm entering my last year of high school and am interested in applying to Mac for Health Sciences. I know that is a tough program to get into, so I wanted to also apply to Life Sciences as a backup. If the university sees that I have applied to more than one program, does that degrade my application? In other words, am I less likely to be accepted if I apply to two programs?

Here were my marks last year (all university level):

Chemistry: 95
Biology: 97
Physics: 95
Functions: 90
Gr. 12 Kinesiology: 95

Thanks
Old 09-09-2017 at 12:36 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

No, everyone does this. You'd be dumb if you didn't apply to backup programs.
Old 09-10-2017 at 10:48 AM   #3
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times

I agree with Imperious, my sister applied to 3 different programs at Mac, it never hindered her application.
Those are some great marks you have there keep up the good work!!
Old 09-16-2017 at 08:29 PM   #4
kh597

Liked: 0 Times

I think you already have the answer you're looking for with the above replies, but I just wanted to add from my own experience, I applied to two programs at McMaster and was offered acceptance into both. So definitely try for both programs you want.