MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac pass ? sayok8737 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-18-2010 01:54 PM
Bus Pass Opt-Out thirdyearboy General Discussion 60 10-21-2009 10:01 AM
Bus Pass Goce General Discussion 27 08-31-2009 06:03 PM
Mac Pass Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-31-2008 08:48 PM
U-pass Q&a fullsmash26 MSU & On-Campus Services 0 03-03-2008 07:29 PM

asking prof to pass u?

Old 12-16-2010 at 12:08 PM   #1
sana.banana

Liked: 0 Times

asking prof to pass u?
Is it a good idea to contact the prof, asking them to pass u...like i had this dream that i failed my chem exam BADLY,....and i don't know if i should contact my chem prof or not about JUST passing me in the course!!!
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:11 PM   #2
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

That might do more harm than good.

sana.banana says thanks to sjager for this post.
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:11 PM   #3
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

No. Bad. Unprofessional.
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:12 PM   #4
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Nope never a good idea
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:13 PM   #5
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

What I would suggest is to head over to CSD and talk to one of their very qualified psychiatrists so you can dissect the meaning of this insanely common dream!

sana.banana likes this.
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:22 PM   #6
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Blackmail them. What could go wrong?

Old 12-16-2010 at 12:23 PM   #7
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

terrible idea, especially since you haven't gotten your marks back.
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:44 PM   #8
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Please email the prof, and post screen caps of the conversation that ensues.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:50 PM   #9
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

never do that before marks are posted, that would just be silly. profs have the ability to go in and change marks afterwards, so at best wait until marks are released. and if you are going to do it, i would recommend not emailing and rather going in person. also do not beg or come across needy...
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:59 PM   #10
ChatBot

Liked: 1 Time

Don't do anything, especially emailing your prof about your dream, until you get your marks back.

Actually, don't email your prof about your dream at all.

It's not entirely hopeless though. I took a course last fall, failed it, then took it again in the summer and...failed it again.

It was a lot closer the second time though.

Anyway, I went and saw my exam, noticed what could have been marking errors, so I asked the prof to remark it. I only needed one or two more marks on it to pass, but when he got back to me, he said there wasn't anything he could do.

Not willing to accept my fate, I went through and calculated all my marks, realized I did pass with the exam mark that I got, then sent my prof my proof. Turns out he marked a quiz out of 16 instead of 13 for some reason, and because of that, I passed. He said his mistake didn't affect anyone else in the class, but I'm still a little hesitant to believe it.

Granted, in my case, everything was marked by hand so distribution of part marks was subjective (as opposed to first-year Chem, where everything except the labs is marked by a computer), but if you can stay rational in your communications then you might be able to do something.

Wait until marks are up first though. Chem solutions are up pretty fast though, can't you just check roughly how many questions you got right and calculate your mark from that?
Old 12-16-2010 at 03:36 PM   #11
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

chem is the weed out course hate to say it but its true its not likely they will pass u , sorry
Old 12-16-2010 at 04:04 PM   #12
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this only someone of the entitlement generation would even consider this