MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac pass ? sayok8737 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-18-2010 01:54 PM
Bus Pass Opt-Out thirdyearboy General Discussion 60 10-21-2009 10:01 AM
Bus Pass Goce General Discussion 27 08-31-2009 06:03 PM
HSR Bus Pass Sorin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2008 09:56 PM
U-pass Q&a fullsmash26 MSU & On-Campus Services 0 03-03-2008 07:29 PM

Mac Pass

Old 08-30-2008 at 01:36 AM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Mac Pass
I bought my Mac Pass over the phone on tuesday.

The lady i spoke to on the phone said she was processing my purchase and that i should get an email confirming that i have a bought a macpass.

Well its move-in day and i still haven't gotten an e-mail...what do i do?
Old 08-30-2008 at 01:41 AM   #2
Ruggedman

hopefully someones online to answer this!
Old 08-30-2008 at 02:20 AM   #3
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

Go to the big white tent tomorrow and they'll probably be able to help you out there.
Old 08-30-2008 at 07:00 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Unfortunately the FYEO office is really busy right now. In addition to MacPass sales they had an event for all reps last night, which also occupied a lot of their staff's time.

Generally it can take up to a week for them to send the emails. However, with MacPasses only being sold until Tuesday, it is unlikely that they will be sending an email out at this time. Also, it is possible that they did send you an email and it either bounced back to them or was blocked by your provider.

In that case, make sure you have some ID on you when you go to pick it up: the confirmation email makes everything easier for them, but if you don't have it it's not the end of the world.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-30-2008 at 08:52 PM   #5
kyu24

i have a similar problem. i sent in a macpass order last monday, the 18th, thinking there was still enough time, and i never got the pass, nor any notifications as of yesterdaty. Im away from home and my mailbox now, and last time i checked with my mom, she said they never charged the fee to her credit card, so i guess it was too late for them to mail one to me. :S my only concern is if i can still get one as soon i move in tmrw. I just hope they don't charge me twice for two macpasses(if perhaps they did send one and it didnt arrive in time)
Old 08-31-2008 at 06:12 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

It is possible that somewhere between you telling the staff and the staff processing your info there was an error; so the credit card transaction could not be completed.

They keep impeccable records of who bought a MacPass (and whose transactions did not go through), so you should be able to sort out the whole matter when you go to the tent today.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-31-2008 at 08:48 PM   #7
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

How crucial is it for me to get a Macpass? Because it seems like kind of a hassle...and it's already quite late...