MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable conflicts auto resolved? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-08-2012 06:45 PM
AUTO CAD for upper year engineering ?? Kevinabrahak Academics 8 06-22-2012 06:55 AM
Just Cause 2 VS. Grand Theft Auto IV AdelaisAer Gaming 18 12-18-2010 08:22 PM
Auto Insurance Pay919 Automotive & Transportation 9 07-21-2010 02:23 PM

Auto-Solar: Click once, wait til you get it.

Old 08-09-2012 at 06:25 PM   #1
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Auto-Solar: Click once, wait til you get it.
Okay so in response to a recent post on a macro that auto refreshes every 5 seconds, I figured I'd share my script that is just as hard to implement but works far better.

So basically what it does is once you sign in to mugsi and load Solar, it will check for the solrmax page, and if it encounters this it will go back to the portal and tries again. This will repeat until something other than solrmax pops up (i.e FIPPA notice). You can just sign in and you'll see your window flipping out checking solar about 3 times a second until it makes it through.

It is easiest to implement this is Opera so here's how you do it:
1. Download this and save it to a convenient folder

2. Download this and save it to that same folder

3. Download Opera because I don't want to do step by step instructions on how to do this in firefox (its far more annoying to do). Opera is also great browser check out its mouse gestures, speed dial, custom searches, smart address bar, and more.

4. In Opera, go here and check the Blue highlighted box that says "User JavaScript on HTTPS"

5. Go to Opera>Settings>Prefer ences>Advanced>Conten t and make sure "Enable Javascript" is selected.

6. Beside that same box click on "JavaScript Options". Browse to that convenient folder of yours housing those two scripts you downloaded from steps 1 and 2.

7. Log in to the Mugsi portal. When you do this at the bottom right you Opera might block the window from opening so just click on it and you should be good to go. You can add an exception for Mugsi so this doesn't happen but it really isn't that much of a hassle.

8. Browse the internet, keeping an eye on your solar tab (so you don't hog the space for others!) and when it stops refreshing you are in.

If you know how to use GreaseMonkey in Firefox you can implement these same scripts there, and it actually goes even faster. You can even run both browsers at once if you feel like it.

BlackSheepWa, Brendan, bubbly all say thanks to julianface for this post.

BlackSheepWa, bubbly like this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:20 PM   #2
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

i tried the exact same procedure, nothing seems to be happening after loading SOLAR. i still continue to see the same "The maximum allowable number of students are currently using SOLAR. Each student has a 45 minute time limit. Please try again later", page forever?? it doesnt seem to be flippnig out at all !! what am i doing wrong

Last edited by Kevinabrahak : 08-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:22 PM   #3
lobstersongs

Liked: 9 Times

Here are a couple of small programs that do the same thing but simpler implementation. All you need to do is login to MUGSI (internet explorer on windows, safari on mac), and start the program. It will let you know when you're into SOLAR.

Hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip AutoSolar-Mac.zip (50.9 KB, 1998 views)
File Type: zip AutoSOLAR-Windows.exe.zip (6.7 KB, 2977 views)

-Ish-, bubblegum3, henry4399, kingofkingss, yoni, yungforever all say thanks to lobstersongs for this post.

Old 08-09-2012 at 07:30 PM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Where were you guys in the last 4 years? Today was the last day I needed solar and wasted 2 hours this morning using an old trick that sets the link it loads as homepage. Worked but 2 hours...
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:38 PM   #5
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstersongs View Post
Here are a couple of small programs that do the same thing but simpler implementation. All you need to do is login to MUGSI (internet explorer on windows, safari on mac), and start the program. It will let you know when you're into SOLAR.

Hope this helps
I'm not sure how the first one works. But the 2nd one worked like a charm! Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:40 PM   #6
Kevinabrahak

this might sound silly, but once i've downloaded the winrar files, logged into Mugsi, how do i start the program ??

thanks
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:43 PM   #7
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstersongs View Post

Hope this helps
You win! Good stuff
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:43 PM   #8
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Where were you guys in the last 4 years? Today was the last day I needed solar and wasted 2 hours this morning using an old trick that sets the link it loads as homepage. Worked but 2 hours...
At work today, didn't really think ahead. Only been using this for the past two semesters.
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:45 PM   #9
lobstersongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
this might sound silly, but once i've downloaded the winrar files, logged into Mugsi, how do i start the program ??

thanks
So first of all make sure you have the right one (mac or windows). You'll have to unzip the file before starting it (i can't upload them otherwise).

The mac version you just need to double click and you should see safari loading over and over again.

The windows version double click the exe file and click the big button and you should see internet explorer loading over and over again.
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:03 PM   #10
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

I would scan these files for keylogers and what not just to be on the safe side.

apples12 likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:03 PM   #11
Kevinabrahak

i found out where i was wrong, i was always clicking on the mac version when i've got windows !! i think im blind !!

its working fine now ...thanks
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:22 PM   #12
jshen

Liked: 0 Times

If we get in, does SOLAR open automatically? I'm at the "The maximum allowable number..." page.
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:24 PM   #13
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

program is legit, no keylogger

Old 08-09-2012 at 08:26 PM   #14
lobstersongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshen View Post
If we get in, does SOLAR open automatically? I'm at the "The maximum allowable number..." page.
It will keep reloading the page until you get to something other than the "Max allowable....." page, and there will be a pop up message saying that you're on.
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:27 PM   #15
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
program is legit, no keylogger

Twist: lobstersongs IS bobby66 and is convincing us to download his keylogger.

RyanC likes this.