MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflicts on Timetable Jovana.m Academics 1 09-14-2011 05:01 PM
timetable conflicts aw07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2011 07:58 PM
Does a TimeTable Conflict has to be resolved? Fawad2010 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 01-10-2011 07:07 PM
Enrolling with conflicts in your timetable. j.luong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-31-2009 10:30 PM
Timetable conflicts? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-13-2009 11:11 AM

Timetable conflicts auto resolved?

Old 08-07-2012 at 09:49 PM   #1
Unregistered

Timetable conflicts auto resolved?
It said conflicts on my timetable. Do I just wait until it resolved itself or do I need to email someone to do it for me?
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:04 PM   #2
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

You have to resolve it yourself when solar opens up on the 9th
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:22 PM   #3
Unregistered

Why couldn't they fix it for me? I didn't break it in the first place. McMaster is stressful.
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:25 PM   #4
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why couldn't they fix it for me? I didn't break it in the first place. McMaster is stressful.
The conflict means that you picked two cores that go on at the same time, you have to change one of them and pick another course. McMaster never did anything in this instance.
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:33 PM   #5
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
The conflict means that you picked two cores that go on at the same time, you have to change one of them and pick another course. McMaster never did anything in this instance.
Yep, you picked the courses without realizing that the lectures conflicted/were overlapping in time, so Mac puts it on a timetable for you and points it out. Now you have to either pick a different core/lecture time, or pick a different course, etc., when SOLAR reopens for us on the 9th of August.

Old 08-08-2012 at 07:10 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Typically it's the case where they will give you a conflict-free schedule wherever possible, however this year I saw someone with a schedule that could have been conflict-free (given the possible time slots shown on the master timetable), but they were placed in sections that conflicted. All of the courses for this person were mandatory as well, so there's nothing to be done except switch into the proper sections to prevent a conflict, which you would have to contact your faculty to deal with--it wasn't your fault so it's up to them to fix it.

That said, this year is the first time I've seen that. Usually you only have a conflict if you picked two courses that conflict with no way around it, which is your fault, so you have to fix it (by dropping one of the two courses).
Old 08-08-2012 at 07:39 AM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

So dumb this year. I made my own timetable before but it usually shows where the conflict is . not this year.

This is the THIRD year with a conflict timetable...thank you to whoever made the algorithm
Old 08-08-2012 at 06:32 PM   #8
Unregistered

I am in Engineering with no electives which means every single courses are mandatory and should not conflict. Yet, it is. Now I have to take a day off work and come down to Hamilton to deal with this.
Old 08-08-2012 at 06:37 PM   #9
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in Engineering with no electives which means every single courses are mandatory and should not conflict. Yet, it is. Now I have to take a day off work and come down to Hamilton to deal with this.
you really don't. take 5 minutes and figure out what you actually need to change. it will probably be like 1 core or tutorial. you would be COMPLETELY wasting your time to come to hamilton for this. and if you get into the problem where everything is full giving you no choice but to have a conflict, then PHONE or EMAIL them to fix the issue, and only go in person as a last resort.

every single other student can figure out how to change / fix there schedule and so can you.
Old 08-08-2012 at 06:45 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
you really don't. take 5 minutes and figure out what you actually need to change. it will probably be like 1 core or tutorial. you would be COMPLETELY wasting your time to come to hamilton for this. and if you get into the problem where everything is full giving you no choice but to have a conflict, then PHONE or EMAIL them to fix the issue, and only go in person as a last resort.

every single other student can figure out how to change / fix there schedule and so can you.
It can be done over phone or email? That could work.