MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflicts??? GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-09-2010 09:32 PM
Conflicts hellohello Academics 4 06-15-2010 12:26 AM
conflicts Strongwiller Academics 2 09-13-2009 08:08 PM
Timetable conflicts? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-13-2009 11:11 AM
Timetable Conflicts, freaking out orcymorky Academics 53 08-27-2008 05:07 PM

Enrolling with conflicts in your timetable.

Old 08-31-2009 at 08:38 PM   #1
j.luong

Liked: 2 Times

Enrolling with conflicts in your timetable.
Hello everyone,

I decided to play around with my schedule because a couple of days seemed to be a little crowded for my taste. When I finally got the timetable that I wanted, I logged onto SOLAR to apply the changes. However, I was disappointed to see that one of my courses were full (Physics). Because I do not want to lose the spots in my other courses I decided to make the changes anyway, resulting in a conflict with my Physics and Chemistry classes.

Is there a downside to accepting a timetable with conflicts or should I wait until there is a spot in the Physics class then make all the changes?

Last edited by j.luong : 08-31-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:41 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.luong View Post
Hello everyone,

I decided to play around with my schedule because a couple of days seemed to be a little crowded for my taste. When I finally got the timetable that I wanted, I logged onto SOLAR to apply the changes. However, I was disappointed to see that one of my courses were full (Physics). Because I do not want to lose the spots in my other course I decided to make the changes anyway, resulting in a conflict with my Physics and Chemistry classes.

Is there a downside to accepting a timetable with conflicts or should I wait until there is a spot in the Physics class then make all the changes?
The downside is that you'll have to deal with the conflict yourself. So if you don't manage to change it you'll have to choose which class you want to attend. Also, if there is a conflict for exams they can't do anything for you but there probably won't be a conflict for first year science course exams.

I would personally wait for a spot to open up before making all the changes.

j.luong likes this.
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:47 PM   #3
j.luong

Thanks a lot, I was freaking out when it directed me to the University's policy. I guess I'll wait it out.
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:50 PM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Having issues with attending class really isn't a problem, you can learn most of the material from the text anyways. There are multiple chem sessions, if you want to actually attend lecture, just go to another section.

If there's a conflict for your exams, you're kind of out of luck.
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:52 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Having issues with attending class really isn't a problem, you can learn most of the material from the text anyways. There are multiple chem sessions, if you want to actually attend lecture, just go to another section.

If there's a conflict for your exams, you're kind of out of luck.
Don't go to another section's class if it's full though. You are robbing a student from his/her seat which he/she paid for.
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:55 PM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

"Full" as in timetable full or classroom full?

Most of the time, there are students who don't attend class (like me). So the timetable doesn't exactly reflect the seating capacity. Obviously, if the classroom is full, you should either leave/
Old 08-31-2009 at 09:05 PM   #7
j.luong

At the moment, the class is full.
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:26 PM   #8
Lois
Elite Member

I was referring to Jeremy's post.

If the class that you want to go to isn't popular, then it shouldn't be a huge deal if you just went to that lecture section.
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:30 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I was referring to Jeremy's post.

If the class that you want to go to isn't popular, then it shouldn't be a huge deal if you just went to that lecture section.
Yeah, but if it is full then you should leave.