MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable conflicts auto resolved? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-08-2012 06:45 PM
AUTO CAD for upper year engineering ?? Kevinabrahak Academics 8 06-22-2012 06:55 AM
Just Cause 2 VS. Grand Theft Auto IV AdelaisAer Gaming 18 12-18-2010 08:22 PM
Auto Insurance Pay919 Automotive & Transportation 9 07-21-2010 02:23 PM

Auto-Solar: Click once, wait til you get it.

Old 08-09-2012 at 08:29 PM   #16
lobstersongs

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
Twist: lobstersongs IS bobby66 and is convincing us to download his keylogger.
lol I think it would be pretty hard to find someone who puts keyloggers in their programs, and then posts them from a profile which has their full name.
Old 08-09-2012 at 08:30 PM   #17
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstersongs View Post
lol I think it would be pretty hard to find someone who puts keyloggers in their programs, and then posts them from a profile which has their full name.
man this jumping back and forth into different accounts sure is fun

-Ish- likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:20 PM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

First thing I thought when I saw these threads lol:

-Ish-, icecubz like this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:30 PM   #19
henry4399

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstersongs View Post
Here are a couple of small programs that do the same thing but simpler implementation. All you need to do is login to MUGSI (internet explorer on windows, safari on mac), and start the program. It will let you know when you're into SOLAR.

Hope this helps
the power of a computer engineer
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:53 PM   #20
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

I demand you to release the source code

Old 08-09-2012 at 10:01 PM   #21
lobstersongs

Liked: 9 Times

Windows Source Code In Visual Basic:

Code:
Public Class AutoSOLAR Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim expected As String Dim theURL As String Dim checker As Boolean Dim IE As Object expected = "https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/cis/ahtml/solrmax.htm" checker = True IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") While checker IE.Navigate("https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/mugsi/si0") IE.Visible = True System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(5000) theURL = IE.LocationURL If (theURL <> expected) Then checker = False End If End While MsgBox("You're Now On SOLAR!") End Sub End Class
Mac Source Code In Applescript:

Code:
set expected to "https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/cis/ahtml/solrmax.htm" repeat tell application "Safari" to set the URL of the front document to "https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/mugsi/si0" tell application "Safari" to get the URL of the front document delay 5 tell application "Safari" set theURL to URL of front document as string end tell if theURL is not equal to expected then exit repeat end if end repeat do shell script "afplay /System/Library/Sounds/Submarine.aiff" display alert "DONE!!!"
Old 08-10-2012 at 12:09 AM   #22
BlackSheepWa

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
Okay so in response to a recent post on a macro that auto refreshes every 5 seconds, I figured I'd share my script that is just as hard to implement but works far better.

So basically what it does is once you sign in to mugsi and load Solar, it will check for the solrmax page, and if it encounters this it will go back to the portal and tries again. This will repeat until something other than solrmax pops up (i.e FIPPA notice). You can just sign in and you'll see your window flipping out checking solar about 3 times a second until it makes it through.

It is easiest to implement this is Opera so here's how you do it:
1. Download this and save it to a convenient folder

2. Download this and save it to that same folder

3. Download Opera because I don't want to do step by step instructions on how to do this in firefox (its far more annoying to do). Opera is also great browser check out its mouse gestures, speed dial, custom searches, smart address bar, and more.

4. In Opera, go here and check the Blue highlighted box that says "User JavaScript on HTTPS"

5. Go to Opera>Settings>Prefer ences>Advanced>Conten t and make sure "Enable Javascript" is selected.

6. Beside that same box click on "JavaScript Options". Browse to that convenient folder of yours housing those two scripts you downloaded from steps 1 and 2.

7. Log in to the Mugsi portal. When you do this at the bottom right you Opera might block the window from opening so just click on it and you should be good to go. You can add an exception for Mugsi so this doesn't happen but it really isn't that much of a hassle.

8. Browse the internet, keeping an eye on your solar tab (so you don't hog the space for others!) and when it stops refreshing you are in.

If you know how to use GreaseMonkey in Firefox you can implement these same scripts there, and it actually goes even faster. You can even run both browsers at once if you feel like it.
Hey Julianface, I made that macro thread, glad to get noticed! I have to say, your method is crazy fast. I got in under 30 seconds. You win man, very well done! And your scripts were 3 lines total.

Old 08-11-2012 at 03:49 PM   #23
Raneem

Liked: 1 Time

Hi, I just have a question; for step 4
4. In Opera, go here and check the Blue highlighted box that says "User JavaScript on HTTPS"
I click on the "go here" yet a blank page opens. So i was wondering where can I find that box to check off?
I know it isn't busy right now, but I just want to know. Thanks!