MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGSI not working? janeny Academics 21 06-14-2010 10:30 PM
Solar Not Working! snair Academics 0 06-14-2010 07:22 PM
My Learnlink isn't working! HELP pat2010 Academics 4 03-31-2010 12:02 AM
Key Card Not Working! robots Les Prince Forum 4 03-01-2010 05:11 PM
Working at McMaster Nino First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 72 09-17-2008 10:15 PM

Avenue not working?

Old 11-08-2010 at 11:40 PM   #151
xsanx

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...?! View Post
You managed to get it almost finished? I have 1/5th of it done. I wanted to access the article databases to finish it early today, but its been down all day.Went to a friend's apt half an hr from campus to try, to no avail. Didn't think all mac sites would be down. I just hope she gives us an extension.
i know like everything mcmaster is dowwnn.. she definitely has to give an extension cus this is beyond our control. i needed two more sources i had everything else. PS did ur TA give u a format for the bibliography?
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:43 PM   #152
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

....can't access neuropsych slides to study for upcoming midterm.... =/

Old 11-08-2010 at 11:44 PM   #153
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsanx View Post
i know like everything mcmaster is dowwnn.. she definitely has to give an extension cus this is beyond our control. i needed two more sources i had everything else. PS did ur TA give u a format for the bibliography?
My TA never gave me anything of the sort. I just googled roughly how to do it a while back, but I'm expecting it won't be exact to what the prof wants. So you have to start over now? =\
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:46 PM   #154
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
....can't access neuropsych slides to study for upcoming midterm.... =/
I couldn't access it at all this afternoon for my midterm this evening. I did fine. You prolly will too. I'd say relax, but you freak more than anyone I know about exams.

danallan likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:47 PM   #155
xsanx

Quote:
My TA never gave me anything of the sort. I just googled roughly how to do it a while back, but I'm expecting it won't be exact to what the prof wants. So you have to start over now? =\
yeah same my TA never gave us a format too.. i did intro, then sources and summaries.. but what i don't get how it says we also have to have a reference list at the end.. like it says 3-5 pages excluding title page and references.. do u know? and yeah i have to start over but i can't do anything until avenue and the sociological abstract starts working again.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:55 PM   #156
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
yeah same my TA never gave us a format too.. i did intro, then sources and summaries.. but what i don't get how it says we also have to have a reference list at the end.. like it says 3-5 pages excluding title page and references.. do u know? and yeah i have to start over but i can't do anything until avenue and the sociological abstract starts working again.
I'm not 100% an intro is needed. As for references, I'm assuming they just want us to APA our 5 article sources as a list at the end? Too bad we have to use Sociological Abstracts, I would have just googled everything by now in an attempt to get some work done.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:57 PM   #157
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I'm not 100% an intro is needed. As for references, I'm assuming they just want us to APA our 5 article sources as a list at the end? Too bad we have to use Sociological Abstracts, I would have just googled everything by now in an attempt to get some work done.
Who's your prof? Im kinda worried I have an assignment due tomorrow I didnt know about.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:58 PM   #158
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Colavecchia, Soc 1A06.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:59 PM   #159
xsanx

Quote:
yeah i was just confused by that cus i was thinking, wouldnt we already have put our sources as a heading for our summaries so why would they need an extra reference page. but yeah thanks alot though ugh i know google would've saved more than half the class' butts
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:00 AM   #160
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Colavecchia, Soc 1A06.
Ok, phew. I have Neiterman. Dodged a bullet there.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:04 AM   #161
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
yeah i was just confused by that cus i was thinking, wouldnt we already have put our sources as a heading for our summaries so why would they need an extra reference page. but yeah thanks alot though ugh i know google would've saved more than half the class' butts
Sort of wish we got more details on the exact formatting of it. I'm more or less guessing what we have to do.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:05 AM   #162
xsanx

Quote:
Sort of wish we got more details on the exact formatting of it. I'm more or less guessing what we have to do.
i know thats what everyones saying. so frustrated with this ugh
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:07 AM   #163
shay2014

Liked: 4 Times

just to make sure, nobody knows what the turnitin.com info is, correct?
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:09 AM   #164
xsanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2014 View Post
just to make sure, nobody knows what the turnitin.com info is, correct?
like for soc? it says if u can't turnitin then email it to the prof

shay2014 says thanks to xsanx for this post.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:10 AM   #165
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
i know thats what everyones saying. so frustrated with this ugh
Hey, if you need the grading rubric to have a slightly better idea of how to work on it, someone posted it in another thread.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...nfo-34985.html

xsanx says thanks to ...?! for this post.