MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
banks Chevalier Financial Aid 2 07-06-2010 08:12 PM
mac sci test banks yum24 Academics 2 04-10-2010 12:08 PM
On Campus Banks? christinaxo7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 09-02-2009 08:45 PM
banks at mac mizosoup General Discussion 9 07-14-2008 07:53 PM
Banks and Atm's zuberi Computers & Tech 11 08-12-2007 07:51 AM

Banks Near/On Campus?

Old 07-08-2010 at 09:44 PM   #1
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Banks Near/On Campus?
Hi guys

I'm new to the city of Hamilton (Only been there once for summer orientation on the 5th). So what banks are near/on campus? I'm hoping for CIBC, Scotia, and HSBC...haha.

And what's a "PC bank card?" I read that it's related to collecting points at Fortinos? (I'm probably going to be shopping there a lot...)

Thanks~!
Old 07-08-2010 at 09:50 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

You can set up an account at the PC bank located in fortinos. There are no fees or minimum balance, but it's kind of a pain that you have a 7-business-day hold on any money you put into the account (ie, you can't access it for 7 business days, which is at least 9 days). We have a joint PC account for our house to pay bills & buy common house items & stuff.

There's a TD, CIBC and Scotiabank in Westdale, and CIBC machines on campus
Old 07-08-2010 at 09:54 PM   #3
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
it's kind of a pain that you have a 7-business-day hold on any money you put into the account (ie, you can't access it for 7 business days, which is at least 9 days).
Ive never had a hold on mine. I deposit all my cheques (paycheques, GST, HST, etc) and can access them right away, and have been able to for several years.

And if you get a PC account, you can use CIBC machines free, which is nice since the machine in the student centre is CIBC.
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:02 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Just so you know as well, Westdale is located east of McMaster, and all those banks can be found on King Street W.
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:02 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

CIBC ATM's are on campus, one is in the basement of the student center.

There is a TD band at university plaza
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:08 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Ive never had a hold on mine. I deposit all my cheques (paycheques, GST, HST, etc) and can access them right away, and have been able to for several years.

And if you get a PC account, you can use CIBC machines free, which is nice since the machine in the student centre is CIBC.
There's a hold if you're transferring from another bank--so, if I want to transfer money from my TD into the PC house account, we can't access it for 9 days. Huge pain in the ass :(
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:42 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Scotiabank is on King, past Fortinos.