Last few days to sign up! SHWEDDIES General Discussion 0 11-10-2011 06:59 AM
The Zodiac sign thing. Entropy General Discussion 58 01-15-2011 01:31 PM
Sign in to enter residence? smshlyxlhl Hedden Hall Forum 10 01-05-2011 09:43 PM
Spring/Summer Sign Up? Deegs14 Academics 9 03-01-2010 02:37 PM

big white tent????? should i sign up?

Old 08-21-2012 at 08:56 PM   #1
Unregistered

big white tent????? should i sign up?
So far there has been a big response to the Welcome Week Monday Meal Plan!

This plan includes 3 meals on Monday, September 3rd (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for a cost of $29.35 that will be debited from the meal plan you already have for the school year. All three meals will be held under a big white tent in, quite literally, the middle of campus!

We’ve received a few questions so far that I’m going to answer right now so you’ll feel more comfortable taking part in this delicious and exciting opportunity!

Q: I’m really interested, but it sounds like a lot of food! Is there any way to get it to go?

A: It is quite a lot of food for less than $30 - we want you to get your money’s worth! The good news is YES all food can be taken to go. The breakfast and lunch come in to go containers, and we have them available for the dinner as well! So this means you can wrap up what you don’t eat and take it back to the mini fridge in your room, or even the fridge/freezer in your common rooms, and save it for later.

Q: If I don’t sign up for the meal plan, where can I eat on the holiday Monday?

A: If you don’t sign up, there will be a limited number of places/restaurants open on and around campus. Since it is the Labour Day weekend, very few eateries will be open for long periods of time, if at all. On top of this, the places that are open will likely have very long line ups. This is why we’re offering the meal plan, to make it easier to eat and to get you meeting more people!

Q: Where is this big white tent?!

A: The tent is 7200 square feet, so you won’t be able to miss it! It will be on the fields in front of BSB and JHE in the middle of campus.

Q: What’s on the menu?

A:

BREAKFAST:

Bag Breakfast includes:

large muffin

bagel/cream cheese

cheese croissant

Whole fruit

Juice box

Coffee & tea

LUNCH:

Chicken Parmesan Sandwich OR Soy Parmesan Sandwich

Coleslaw

Potato Chips

Cold Beverage

DINNER:

Rolls & Butter

Caesar salad

Meat Lasagna

Vegetarian Lasagna

Penne Pasta

Tomato Sauce

Alfredo Sauce

Assorted Bakery Squares

Ice Tea & Fruit Punch

As a reminder, the deadline for signing up for the Welcome Week Monday Meals is Monday August 27th at 9:00 am.

IS THIS OVERPRICED I THOUGHT I WOULDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS AT FIRST BUT I FEEL LIKE MAYBE I SHOULD NOW :( I DO NOT WANT TO BE LEFT OUT....is this new this year or did they have this previous years? What was the turn up like?
Old 08-21-2012 at 09:12 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Get used to it. Anything on Mac campus is probably overpriced. The choice of going or not is up to your