MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-12-2010 10:00 AM
Prereq question >_< lawleypop Academics 7 06-15-2010 08:27 PM
Med Physics 2A03 "Science 2A03" or Math 2A03 ebfrancis Academics 2 09-01-2009 08:17 AM

Bio 2A03- why is physics 1b03 a prereq???

Old 06-14-2011 at 10:38 PM   #16
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

That's what happened to me. I emailled the office of the associate dean ([email protected]) this morning and they got me a waiver for Bio 2A03 by the evening. And I was able to register into 2A03. I was already registered in physics 1B03 for term 2, though, I'm pretty sure you need a physics one term or the other to be able to take bio 2A03.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:43 PM   #17
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

2A03 wasn't hard. There was lots of information, but you didn't have to memorize very much of it if you understood the basic concepts.

Pretty sure one of the only things that was physics related was V = IR, which is how, MAP = CO x TPR is derived. And the concept of parallel versus series resistance. Ideas of viscosity, decreasing radius = increasing R, etc. But it's pretty basic grade 11/12 physics.

Old 06-14-2011 at 11:46 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

About the whole "credit or registration" that means you need to be registered in 1B03 in the same term that you're taking Bio 2A03, not the term after!
Also, I don't really understand this requirement.. I didn't take any Physics past grade 11 and I thought all the physics in Animal Phys was very straightforward, you definitely don't need a full physics course in order to understand the material :/.. unless they're changing the course content or something..
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:57 AM   #19
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
About the whole "credit or registration" that means you need to be registered in 1B03 in the same term that you're taking Bio 2A03, not the term after!
Also, I don't really understand this requirement.. I didn't take any Physics past grade 11 and I thought all the physics in Animal Phys was very straightforward, you definitely don't need a full physics course in order to understand the material :/.. unless they're changing the course content or something..
All we need really is Physics 1b03 either term 1 or term 2, because Biology 2A03 is only offered term 2. This would fulfill the "credit or registration" requirement. The problem with me was that they wouldn't let me take Bio 2A03 even though I was registered in physics term 2. Emailling the academic advisors worked for me.
Old 06-15-2011 at 01:31 AM   #20
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Oh my God, I never knew you were female

But if you're talking about bio 2a03 (and not physics 1b03), one of my friends took it recently. The labs depend on your TA, but generally they are a crapload of work and they are marked quite hard. The tests are quite application based, which seems difficult at first. This is why the course seems hard for people. My friend got in without actually taking physics 1b03, lol, and he didn't really need it. He got like high 90s on the tests and stuff and easily got a 12 without a large amount of effort, so if you're good at the prof's style of testing you should be okay if you get a decent TA or you work really hard on the labs.
And to think I thought my username was too girly.

Yes, indeed, I was talking about the Bio 2A03 course. This is the first reassuring thing I've heard in regards to it! I hate doing labs, but I guess five isn't too bad...

Thanks!