MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courses to Take in Spring/Summer AnimeGamer31 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 03-25-2012 04:29 PM
Spring/Summer 2011 Session luna General Discussion 1 05-24-2011 07:50 AM
Spring/summer Courses nick Academics 5 05-10-2010 01:07 AM
Spring/Summer Sign Up? Deegs14 Academics 9 03-01-2010 02:37 PM
Spring/Summer Term Deegs14 Academics 14 11-09-2009 03:17 PM

Blocked Registration for Spring/Summer

Old 03-21-2012 at 10:44 PM   #1
dallaitr

Liked: 0 Times

Blocked Registration for Spring/Summer
Does anyone know what to do in this situation, there is a balance owing on my student account that I am currently in the process of paying down. At the end of this year I will have 27 units and was planning on taking Health Age 1BB3 in the Spring term to complete my 30 units and continue on with the Health Age Program. However, due to the balance owing, I have been blocked from registering for spring summer courses and because I only have the 27 units, I am unable to continue on with any program. I'm desperate, Hoping to plead my case to Student Accounts and pay a visit to my advisor, Does anyone know what to do in this situation?? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!!!!
Old 03-21-2012 at 11:32 PM   #2
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

You're still a full-time student. The courseload doesnt matter when continuing in a program - almost everyone drops a course in first year - unless it makes you a PARTTIME student (which is 7 courses or less)...

Go talk to an academic advisor from your faculty tomorrow. They'll fix the program issues, but someone else help on the summer enrollment issues?
Old 03-22-2012 at 09:59 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
You're still a full-time student. The courseload doesnt matter when continuing in a program - almost everyone drops a course in first year - unless it makes you a PARTTIME student (which is 7 courses or less)...

Go talk to an academic advisor from your faculty tomorrow. They'll fix the program issues, but someone else help on the summer enrollment issues?
You should talk to the academic advisor about the fees issue as well. My guess is that it's there for a reason (they don't want people who owe them money to register for more courses and owe them more money...) but they might give you a waiver. If not, pay it off asap and wait until then to register for courses. You don't really need to worry about being 3 units short right now anyways...
Old 03-22-2012 at 10:42 PM   #4
Malka

Liked: 10 Times

3 units wont make a difference I am guessing you are in social sciences. you need 24 units to continue into a second year program so you should be good to go and if you have health studies 6 units along with the average needed then you should be good. Hope all works out.
Old 03-23-2012 at 12:43 AM   #5
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Same thing happened to a friend of mine and all she did was call the second it happened and sorted it out with them, they unblocked it for her pretty much straight away then she went and paid the balance she owed the next day...if you haven't already gone and seen someone, you should definitely get to that or at least give them a call