MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Jungle Juice mcpherba Drink Mixes 1 11-22-2011 07:25 AM
Agreement Approved With 91%!!!! eleduc MacInsiders Announcements 19 01-16-2011 09:49 AM
Mac Approved Calc Ish001 Academics 5 07-10-2010 09:27 PM
Orange Juice cowpuppy Drink Mixes 1 06-08-2010 01:50 PM
McMaster approved calculator gcruz91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2009 11:30 AM

Booster Juice Approved for Mac

Old 12-14-2011 at 11:27 PM   #30
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I'd personally like somewhere to grab food that doesn't take as long as 1280 but still accepts debit/credit. I doubt it'll happen, but I can dream.
I know exactly what you mean, do you remember that hole in the wall near 1280 Atms called "Chip Wagon"? THAT. (Unfortunately most people beyond anyone in 4th year+ don't remember what it was so it's difficult to sell that idea/gain traction)

Secondly, It is not that easy to bring in a food service that Hospitality Services(which has a virtual monpoly over food on campus) doesn't already sell, so places like Subway and Harvey's are items that La Piazza sells by the busloads. I suppose they allowed Booster Juice because they hardly offer a significant smoothie service.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Matt Wright says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.

arathbon likes this.

Old 12-15-2011 at 02:13 AM   #31
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I know exactly what you mean, do you remember that hole in the wall near 1280 Atms called "Chip Wagon"? THAT. (Unfortunately most people beyond anyone in 4th year+ don't remember what it was so it's difficult to sell that idea/gain traction)
Chip Wagon was a good idea but in such a terrible location. It just felt like the wrong place for food. Something like that, but healthier, in MUSC would rock.

Old 12-15-2011 at 09:03 AM   #33
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
It will be where the smoothie place near Tim Hortons was. That vendor chose not to renew their lease and so that is how it opened up. The lines definitely will be an issue but so long as they develop a system that doesn't clog up the MUSC it should work.
that smoothie place was 100x better than any booster juice smoothies i ever had its too bad :(

...?!, epikness, fatcat like this.

Old 12-15-2011 at 09:06 AM   #34
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
unisex hair salon ....
one which doesn't cost $15-$20+ for a cut would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
A 24/7 Food Place!!! With Good Food Not Crappy Sandwiches.
also i agree with the 24/7 food place with a good healthy option...... and that has something warm and isnt cold rehashed food late at night..... i dont know what world you live in but in this one there are alot of uni kids up late either studying or doing other stuff... and especially around exam times ppl are up well past 1-2 am. some place where you can go and fill that craving late at night so you can concentrate would be nice. right now im forced to walk all the way to that timmies on main to get anything decent that late so it sucks

Quote:
Also I thought an interesting point was made about Occupy McMaster earlier in this thread, but I would really like to know what all of you thought of the set up in the MUSC that has been going on for a few weeks now.
also in regards to that occupy set up (idk is it actually an occupy set up?) i dont really see a big prob with it, to be completely honest when i walk through MUSC i rarely see all the couches filled up. usually itll be a person sitting one one couch, then a free one, then another person, then another free one. people just dont like sitting beside each other apparently so i guess that's why it seems as though its always full, but it isnt. and plus i think that entire atrium is a waste on some days. sure its useful to have that open space when you have those booths and stuff selling things and the markets. but on days when there is nothing there its totally open and empty while the seating area across lapiazza is crammed. possibly try to get some sort of temp seating system what you can set up and take down quickly so people can work/eat in that open area. (i know that some days there are tables and chairs left over from previous events and ppl use those to eat/work on, if you had a set up like this but with better furniture when the atrium wasnt in use for other things it would be nice)

Last edited by Chevalier : 12-15-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Old 12-15-2011 at 09:18 AM   #35
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
Quote:
Hmm a few months ago we introduced more grab n go sandwiches at Union Market and a cooler specifically for that, but I like the idea of a healthy, affordable quick and easy food option.

Any other ideas?
Ofyen times that cooler is empty or it doesn't have much variety to choose from. It's oftem just egg salad sandwiches. It would be beneficial if it was stocked more fully and there was more selection. When there are ham or turkey snadwiches, I buy them all the time.

Old 12-15-2011 at 09:54 AM   #36
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times
Hey Lizziepizzie that is really good feedback, I will mention it to the Union Market Manager. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2011 at 11:00 AM   #37
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Ofyen times that cooler is empty or it doesn't have much variety to choose from. It's oftem just egg salad sandwiches. It would be beneficial if it was stocked more fully and there was more selection. When there are ham or turkey snadwiches, I buy them all the time.
I shall be stalking that cooler now for some girl buying ham and/or turkey sandwiches.

Old 12-15-2011 at 11:37 AM   #38
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Since someone pointed out the lack of seating, can I ask what the purpose of the seemingly permanent occupy camp in the atrium seating section is?
I'm all for the right to protest and all that, but to be honest, I'm paying money towards the MUSC just as everyone else is, and they're taking up at least 3-4 couches over there when there already isn't enough seating, and they've been there for a few weeks now. I don't think this is fair to the rest of us. Yeah, sure, prove a point to the university, but there's no need to inconvenience your fellow students who are paying fees and now have less access to seating areas in MUSC.
and their drums . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptas46 View Post
i agree, there should be some provision for 24/7 food, or at the very least til 2-3 am! most people i know don't sleep till 3-4 am, and sometimes you wanna get a snack or a meal or something, and you'd have to either order in or trek off campus. (unless it's examtime, when you can grab samosas from house of games )
Especially now that mills is open until 2am all year long, it seems to follow there should be some sort of food available until later!
Hey the games room at the basement musc is open from 4pm-4am during exam! however I think they are closed on the weekends though

Old 12-15-2011 at 11:42 AM   #39
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Hey Lizziepizzie that is really good feedback, I will mention it to the Union Market Manager. Thanks!
I'll add in my two cents.

Please lose the damn egg salad and tuna sandwiches.
These sandwiches are great for home. Not for being in public.

I LOVE the sammies at UM. Unfortunately, it is ALWAYS empty (ESPECIALLY before 2 pm... I used to try every day at noon to grab a sammy and it'd still be empty) or you only have the previous two kinds mentioned.

Make more ham/turkey sammies!
(And in whole wheat... your whole wheat is delicious, dammit!)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

icecubz, RyanC like this.

Old 12-15-2011 at 12:00 PM   #40
person33

Liked: 53 Times
Swiss Chalet- can be fast and they have healthy options

Old 12-15-2011 at 01:53 PM   #41
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times
While this would definitely be a long term goal, it would nice to have a convenience store on campus. I know Mini Mac exists, but a place with longer hours (perhaps one - two student employees) and a broader selection of more reasonably priced items would be fantastic.

Ideally open after the pharmacy closes (to prevent throttling either business), a little "mini-mart" with fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, oranges) and staples like bread, a broader variety of milk and cereals, toiletries and over the counter medication that was open all night would be phenomenal. If students on/off campus start feeling unwell during the evening, instead of trekking to Shoppers, they could just use the services on campus. This would also be ideal for injuries/illnesses that required medication/care but perhaps when the student did not want to go to the ER or call EFRT.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Chevalier, epikness like this.

Old 12-15-2011 at 02:02 PM   #42
ZiZip

Liked: Liked 3 Times
I definitely think it should be a healthy food place. A place like Cultures would be amazing!

Old 12-15-2011 at 03:07 PM   #43
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times
Get a Thai Express in there!

Old 12-15-2011 at 03:34 PM   #44
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
Get a Thai Express in there!

Or open up the wokery again? Anyone know what their prices were like when they were open and why they/+'re were/still closed?

sabee20 likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search