MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Jungle Juice mcpherba Drink Mixes 1 11-22-2011 07:25 AM
Agreement Approved With 91%!!!! eleduc MacInsiders Announcements 19 01-16-2011 09:49 AM
Mac Approved Calc Ish001 Academics 5 07-10-2010 09:27 PM
Orange Juice cowpuppy Drink Mixes 1 06-08-2010 01:50 PM
McMaster approved calculator gcruz91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2009 11:30 AM

Booster Juice Approved for Mac

Old 12-15-2011 at 04:25 PM   #45
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Or open up the wokery again? Anyone know what their prices were like when they were open and why they/+'re were/still closed?

The prices weren't awful, like 6-10 bucks depending on the combo you got... and always SOOO yummy!!

I really LOVED having a Mr. Sub when it was in the MoMac, but it was taken over by un-delicious sandwiches only D:

I remember the chip wagon and thought it was fantastic! Basically willy dog's but also fries... but it can be a difficult corner, especially with all the people lining up for the one free atm on campus ever, haha.

Whenever I bought food on campus it was 80%+ of the time soup at JHE, especially when it was a creamy soup or a chili. NOM, and supah cheap.

Old 12-16-2011 at 08:17 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
While this would definitely be a long term goal, it would nice to have a convenience store on campus. I know Mini Mac exists, but a place with longer hours (perhaps one - two student employees) and a broader selection of more reasonably priced items would be fantastic.

Ideally open after the pharmacy closes (to prevent throttling either business), a little "mini-mart" with fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, oranges) and staples like bread, a broader variety of milk and cereals, toiletries and over the counter medication that was open all night would be phenomenal. If students on/off campus start feeling unwell during the evening, instead of trekking to Shoppers, they could just use the services on campus. This would also be ideal for injuries/illnesses that required medication/care but perhaps when the student did not want to go to the ER or call EFRT.
Sorry Bushra, conveniene store and "bananas, strawberries, oranges" don't mix. That's not convenience. That's a grocery store.

Let's stop wasting resources on all these friggin' healthy options. Between the shit at common, the farm stand or whatever that waste is..

Who needs bananas at 2am?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

L'Étoile says thanks to lawleypop for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.

Old 12-16-2011 at 10:08 PM   #47
daniasa

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
The Travel Cuts space just recently became available and so it will have to go through an rfp process, whereas Hospitality services owned the space in the middle and yes the space is already confirmed for that.

But what we have to decide next is, what else would you like on campus? Would you like another food option if so what would it sell, a store, some form of a service maybe? Really anything but what would you like to see there?

DEFINITELY another food option.

Old 12-18-2011 at 06:26 PM   #48
pmariano

Liked: 0 Times
booster juice
I have mixed feelings, I like booster juice once in awhile, but it is super expensive, overpriced and the food is mediocre. So I guess I'm not very surpirsed because most of the food places on campus are ridiculously priced, but we feed into this because of the convience... ugh.....

Old 12-18-2011 at 06:54 PM   #49
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times
Some of the students I represent threw this at me as an option, so tell me what you think...

Take the space that Travel Cuts currently vacated and turn it into an extension of the services we provide at Union Market. Move the prepared sandwiches in there, have a counter with a panini press, a couple of speciality coffee options, a microwave and some couches for a more comfortable place to sit in the student centre.

This would be beneficial because we control what happens there through our student union, it provides a service not already offered in the student centre and, best of all, it has lower prices!

I'd definitely like to thank the couple Humanities students who thought of this for their insights, but I also would love to hear what everyone on MI thinks too!

MD-L says thanks to c.erl for this post.

crys.eg, MD-L, melodicdream like this.

Old 12-18-2011 at 07:03 PM   #50
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.erl View Post
Some of the students I represent threw this at me as an option, so tell me what you think...

Take the space that Travel Cuts currently vacated and turn it into an extension of the services we provide at Union Market. Move the prepared sandwiches in there, have a counter with a panini press, a couple of speciality coffee options, a microwave and some couches for a more comfortable place to sit in the student centre.

This would be beneficial because we control what happens there through our student union, it provides a service not already offered in the student centre and, best of all, it has lower prices!

I'd definitely like to thank the couple Humanities students who thought of this for their insights, but I also would love to hear what everyone on MI thinks too!
The couches is a horrible idea.
More selection, and more food. Got to expand both the breadth and depth of your product lines.
Great idea for the panini presser!

A mini star bucks station I think would do well for the special coffee options.

L'Étoile says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.

Old 12-19-2011 at 04:08 AM   #51
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
More selection, and more food. Got to expand both the breadth and depth of your product lines.

Easy there, 2nd year marketing.
(I josh.)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

...?!, Cliu91 like this.

Old 12-19-2011 at 08:39 AM   #52
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post

I don't think the couches would be a horrible idea, providing theyre for people who have actually purchased something from there, not just rando's from MUSC.

Anyone ever been to the University of Guelph? They have a cool Booster Juice - Starbucks combo, that has a bunch of donated / second hand couches as the seating. Great place to relax or study with an overpriced drink.

Last edited by Elliott779 : 12-20-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Old 12-19-2011 at 12:29 PM   #53
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Easy there, 2nd year marketing.
(I josh.)
LMAOOOOOO fresh in my head after the exam, gotta apply so I remember, lololol

lawleypop likes this.

Old 12-21-2011 at 12:28 AM   #54
melodicdream

Liked: 10 Times
I would like more variety in food!! not just pizzas, pastas, sandwiches/rolls/pitas, sushi and Tim Hortons.

Old 12-21-2011 at 03:43 AM   #55
sjager

Liked: 59 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
It will be where the smoothie place near Tim Hortons was. That vendor chose not to renew their lease and so that is how it opened up. The lines definitely will be an issue but so long as they develop a system that doesn't clog up the MUSC it should work.
When I had a conversation with the bubble tea guys, they said they didn't want to leave that spot. Leads me to think the lease was jacked or you simply denied a renewal. Too bad, I like the small guys and jamaican patties better (though they're still in the basement of MUSC...tell your friends!).

jon.john23 likes this.

Old 12-21-2011 at 05:55 AM   #56
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
That Bubble Tea place is nice. The only problem I have with is that he sells nothing really good. A lot of the products are expired, poor selection, nothing appetizing or filling. I would suggest improving that.

Old 12-21-2011 at 11:02 AM   #57
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times
The space itself is owned by hospitality, and so it was hospitality services that worked with the former vendor. The MUSC board of management essentially received a proposal from Hospitality Services to put in a Booster Juice (in space they owned) and we approved that.

crys.eg likes this.

Old 12-21-2011 at 02:11 PM   #58
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
That Bubble Tea place is nice. The only problem I have with is that he sells nothing really good. A lot of the products are expired, poor selection, nothing appetizing or filling. I would suggest improving that.
They sell good stuff there, like the only place that semi caters to west indian caribbean food/drinks.
I do agree that they do have some things that are expired, so perhaps they need someone to clear out the fridge and shelves.

McMaster needs something to cater to more ethnic groups, thats what I think.

Old 12-22-2011 at 01:17 AM   #59
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
Get a Thai Express in there!

I would sacrifice my first-born for this to come to fruition. Seriously.

Faer, Patrick.O, TheCrucible like this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search