MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
What ever happened to the Booster Juice on campus? indigo General Discussion 6 09-14-2012 10:32 PM
Booster Juice Approved for Mac MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 93 03-27-2012 06:08 PM
Grand Opening of the Hamilton Waterfront Ice Rink! mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 9 01-25-2011 11:42 AM
You are invited! Student Success Centre Grand Opening and Open House! AdamKuhn General Discussion 0 09-10-2010 07:22 PM

Booster Juice Grand Opening in MUSC

And what better way to kick off a new semester than with the grand opening of McMaster's first Booster Juice, located in the Student Center! So come check it out! You can find it right next to the Tim Hortins.

Grand Opening: Monday, January 7, 2013

Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/420084078060499

jim1 likes this.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-02-2013 at 04:04 PM   #2
Sabid
Program: Economics
Year: Third

Liked: 20 Times
I still don't understand how this got approved. Let me get this straight: one line of students emerging from the Pizza Pizza, another from Teriyaki, another from Tim Horton's and now another from this place? Fortunate to be graduating this year, as if it wasn't hard enough getting from one end of MUSC to the other between classes.

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-02-2013 at 04:17 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy
Program: Biology
Year: Alumni

Liked: 543 Times
And then a couple of steps later there is a HUGE EMPTY ROOM with nothing but a reception desk and a big crystal chandeleur for the "dentist" and "optometrist" office. Yeah ok. That makes sense.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

Old 01-02-2013 at 04:57 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 2,314 Times
As much as I like Booster Juice, I don't really care. For that person concerned about crowding, for between classes... just walk underground you derper.

Old 01-02-2013 at 05:40 PM   #5
SydWitches
Account Locked
Year: Alumni

Liked: 7 Times
what an awful idea, I pity anyone stupid enough to buy that overpriced junk.

Old 01-02-2013 at 05:43 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydWitches View Post
Hey...I had a smoothie and a chipotle steak wrap today. Was yummy.

SydWitches likes this.
Old 01-02-2013 at 06:16 PM   #7
Angoose
Elite Member
Year: Third

Liked: 121 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydWitches View Post
Overpriced? Junk? Sounds like Booster Juice is going to fit right into the Student Centre.

Afsha-noon, Commie42, Watoko like this.
Old 01-02-2013 at 06:40 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

You know what would be cool? Instead of a corporate juice company, we have some hipster who frequents the organic foods store on Locke street whip up some of his own concoctions... would be just as expensive, but might be better received.

Yeah yeah, real estate in the student centre is pricy... but we have those dumb trinket peddlers down near compass all the time, have a uselessly big waiting room for the Campus Dentist, and other crap that 90% of the student population doesn't need. I've never been inside the photo place, and have no use for the convenience store. In fact, union market, that convenience store, and La piazza have so much overlap... the fact that rent is highly sought-after shouldn't really matter... isn't the student centre paid off? Shouldn't these services benefit students and not matter to run at a profit?

Just some ramblings.

biglandfarm says thanks to RyanC for this post.

VitaSoy likes this.
Old 01-02-2013 at 08:44 PM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: 526 Times
dat 6 dolla fruit smoothie

jim1, lifesciman1, RyanC like this.
Old 01-04-2013 at 12:39 AM   #10
biglandfarm
Year: First

Liked: 66 Times
oh boy! Another useless service to waste my money on, and I can waste even more money on the dentist after getting rotten ass tooth drinking the sugar juice.
Old 01-04-2013 at 12:44 AM   #11
biglandfarm
Year: First

Liked: 66 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You know what would be cool? Instead of a corporate juice company, we have some hipster who frequents the organic foods store on Locke street whip up some of his own concoctions... would be just as expensive, but might be better received.

Yeah yeah, real estate in the student centre is pricy... but we have those dumb trinket peddlers down near compass all the time, have a uselessly big waiting room for the Campus Dentist, and other crap that 90% of the student population doesn't need. I've never been inside the photo place, and have no use for the convenience store. In fact, union market, that convenience store, and La piazza have so much overlap... the fact that rent is highly sought-after shouldn't really matter... isn't the student centre paid off? Shouldn't these services benefit students and not matter to run at a profit?

Just some ramblings.

dont forget, the 1 MILLION dollar surplus msu pocketed last year....

I want my money back, or the facility to be improved in a way that benefits me.
Old 01-05-2013 at 03:22 PM   #12
drpatel
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 70 Times
guess I'll be walking around student centre to get anywhere now, it'll be faster than walking through it...plus, I feel sorry for the games room in the basement. competition with a an actual smoothie place is gon' be bad
Old 01-05-2013 at 03:37 PM   #13
lifesciman1
Year: Second

Liked: 59 Times
Now there'll be a long line for BJs too at MUSC..ok lame joke

Angoose likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search