MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brandon Fire: Volunteers Needed!! lorend Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 5 10-24-2008 10:31 AM
Brandon Fire Meeting - RECAP AND IMPORTANT INFO Chad Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 13 10-21-2008 04:54 PM
Brandon Hall Fire Relief Section Opened Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 10-21-2008 12:14 PM
Meeting Regarding Brandon Hall Fire kokosas Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 4 10-20-2008 11:10 PM
Message from Dr. Peter George on the Brandon Fire kokosas Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 6 10-20-2008 03:47 PM

Brandon Fire

Old 10-22-2008 at 01:06 AM   #76
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Did you guys check the update? I'm glad to see that their options are reasonable.

Last edited by nino : 10-22-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2008 at 12:15 AM   #77
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Updates posted on homepage too
Old 10-25-2008 at 10:06 AM   #78
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

I can't believe they split up the floors when they put people in hotel, all floors are scatter around 6 hotels instead of one hotel like they said they would.
Old 10-25-2008 at 11:18 AM   #79
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I can't believe they split up the floors when they put people in hotel, all floors are scatter around 6 hotels instead of one hotel like they said they would.
I'm pretty sure that has a lot more do to with the availability of hotel rooms than it does with Mac wanting to screw you over...there's no way a single Hamilton hotel could ever take everyone from Brandon. On top of that, it's not like the hotels can cancel bookings that other people already have. As far as I know they did their best to group people together, but for the most part the allocation of rooms would ultimately be up to the hotel.
Old 10-26-2008 at 08:30 AM   #80
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

I chose not to remain with mac's rez system but i have a question about these hotels..would students live with their same roomates in their hotels? (or grouped with other students) Im pretty sure getting single rooms in hotels, is rare and hard to get, and only offered to students who lived in a single room to begin with. anyone know exactly how mac is doing this?

Old 10-26-2008 at 12:37 PM   #81
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

On October 22, students received emails with instructions for them to follow to identify their
chosen option on Thursday October 23rd. Once they’ve identified their option, they will receive
their housing assignment. Students choosing to remain in the Residence system will begin
moving into their off-campus assigned interim housing on Sunday October 26.
The University is striving to minimize impacts of these moves. We will do our best to place
students from the same floors of Brandon Hall together in off-campus accommodation.

What arrangements have been made to allow Brandon Hall residents to maintain
their sense of community?
We understand the importance of maintaining the close-knit sense of community so
valued by McMaster students. In the coming days, a Brandon Hall lounge area will be
established on the first floor of the Refectory building on campus. This lounge will be
open to Brandon residents only and will feature couches, televisions, Internet access,
computers and printers and allow students to gather together. Other communitybuilding
events are also being planned.

This is all found on
HTML Code:
http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca/images/Brandon%20Hall%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20v2.pdf
Old 10-28-2008 at 10:58 AM   #82
mmal

Liked: 0 Times

I have been looking for an offcampus place for the last few days but everything is either full or they want a 12 month lease, infact some places want me to pay $800 per month. I am about to give up on this, but if anyone can help i would really appericiate it.
Old 10-28-2008 at 01:44 PM   #83
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Hey Haseeb,
I just got off the phone with my landlord. He has a bedroom but it's in a house full of girls. He's going to talk to them about it. He also said he will check with other landlords. His name is Mike and he's a good guy, thick accent, likes to talk to me about philosophy and the meaning of life, but still a good guy. I'm pretty sure he'll take you on for the remainder of the year if those girls agree. When he calls me back I'll let you know what he says.

Old 10-28-2008 at 08:35 PM   #84
sjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Hey Haseeb,
I just got off the phone with my landlord. He has a bedroom but it's in a house full of girls. He's going to talk to them about it. He also said he will check with other landlords. His name is Mike and he's a good guy, thick accent, likes to talk to me about philosophy and the meaning of life, but still a good guy. I'm pretty sure he'll take you on for the remainder of the year if those girls agree. When he calls me back I'll let you know what he says.

What a lucky guy! ahaha.
Old 10-28-2008 at 09:02 PM   #85
mmal

Quote:
Hey Haseeb,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to your landlord.

Man this fire has screwed me over so much for some reason i cant find my math binder and physics lab book.
Old 10-28-2008 at 10:02 PM   #86
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
What a lucky guy! ahaha.

Hahaha. That's if they agree! All of my roomies are girls and we're just more comfortable with it that way. Granted some of us have boyfriends and what not, so they're around, but it's just a lot more relaxed with issues like bathrooms and all that jazz.

Haseeb,

If you left the stuff IN Brandon you'll have to wait till you're allowed to collect it. If you LOST it, come to my office (Lost and Found for Security Services) in the E.T Clarke Center RM 201, speak to whoever happens to be on shift (it may not be me). It may have been picked up. You can also file Lost Reports via mcmaster.ca/security

Old 10-28-2008 at 10:04 PM   #87
sjager

Quote:
Hahaha. That's if they agree! All of my roomies are girls and we're just more comfortable with it that way. Granted some of us have boyfriends and what not, so they're around, but it's just a lot more relaxed with issues like bathrooms and all that jazz.

Haseeb,

If you left the stuff IN Brandon you'll have to wait till you're allowed to collect it. If you LOST it, come to my office (Lost and Found for Security Services) in the E.T Clarke Center RM 201, speak to whoever happens to be on shift (it may not be me). It may have been picked up. You can also file Lost Reports via mcmaster.ca/security
So you're saying that a whole bunch of sensitive caring girls won't let a stranded boy from Brandon move in with them?! Awwwwww :/ lol
Old 10-28-2008 at 10:40 PM   #88
mmal

Quote:

Haseeb,

I will drop by the office, but the thing is that since I was on the second floor we were not allowed back into get our belongings so someone else got them. The only way in my opinion these books could be lost is if they accidently gave them to someone else or this just got misplaced during the process.

Also thanks for all the assistance you are providing me with.
Old 10-28-2008 at 11:46 PM   #89
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Hey, don't worry about thanking me. For one, I'd feel like crap if I didn't help in any way I could, this is a shitty situation you guys have been thrust into, esp for you first year. Secondly, this is what MacInsiders is for, to help in any way we can, I wouldn't be a very good exec if I didn't help out would I??

You're right, it is unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try the office. The randomest crap ends up on my desk... like toy whips... and a bulk box of Mr. Noodles along with a bag of oats... I kid you not.

lol and sjager, you give women waaay too much credit in the kind and sensitive department.

Old 10-29-2008 at 02:31 AM   #90
forever

GUYS if ur from brandon and ur in hotels please don't F***ing play loud music at 3 30am!!~

seriosuly ur ruining ur own reputation and the schools reputation....if really do hear those bass again i will soo f***ing call operator and complain.

The stupid fire already messes up a whole week, and this week people DO have to catch up on their work, soo please be more considerate.