MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Substance free floor in Brandon Hall? Didi.a.g Brandon Hall Forum 10 08-19-2010 08:23 PM
AC at Brandon Hall? thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-05-2010 11:44 PM
Brandon Hall - Alcohol Free floor? Mac12 Brandon Hall Forum 3 07-30-2008 12:44 AM
Brandon Hall '07 lorend Brandon Hall Forum 30 06-09-2008 10:30 PM

Brandon Hall First Floor

Old 07-08-2011 at 02:27 PM   #1
hitnrun
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Brandon Hall First Floor
Hey everyone, just a quick question regarding Brandon hall. What is the difference with the first floor in relation to the other 10?

I've been searching everywhere and just cannot find it although according to the Pros and Cons of each Res article (http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=18776) there is indeed a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Turns out that this is my first post, I was lurking a lot...

Last edited by hitnrun : 07-08-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2011 at 04:39 PM   #2
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

First floor is smaller than the other floors. The ceilings are taller which is nice. There are more single bathrooms. One of the bigger common rooms of the building is located on the first floor. You don't have to wait for the elevator or walk up/down the stairs during a fire drill

On the other hand, the other common room on the floor, there is no kitchen. There is just a microwave and fridge. So if you want to cook anything, you have to go to another floor.
Old 07-08-2011 at 04:58 PM   #3
hitnrun
Account Disabled by User

Thanks!

There is just one thing I am still confused about though, when you say "there are more single bathrooms" do you mean private as opposed to communal?
Old 07-08-2011 at 05:30 PM   #4
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

Yep. There is one communal bathroom which last year was a female bathroom. On one side of the there was one bathroom without a shower and one with a shower. I'm not sure about the other side since I didn't live on that side, but I think some of the rooms had bathrooms in them on that side.

hitnrun says thanks to Nicole for this post.
Old 07-08-2011 at 06:32 PM   #5
hitnrun
Account Disabled by User

What a fantastic layout...

I'm starting to wish i remembered more from the open house events.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:54 PM   #6
alinabbouh9

room 118 is the best room! life is set if you this room you got your one washroom with shower and a kitchen with cable tv in the room...me and my roommate loved first year mainly cause of this room haha
Old 07-09-2011 at 02:09 PM   #7
hitnrun
Account Disabled by User

I got [edited], which probably isn't close enough.
Old 07-14-2011 at 10:52 PM   #8
Rubicon

Liked: 9 Times

You might find goodies in the ceiling tiles
Old 07-16-2011 at 07:44 PM   #9
hitnrun
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
You might find goodies in the ceiling tiles
"Goodies" you say?