MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BTech Electives? Lolisuck First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 10:56 PM
Engineering cutoff / btech terryboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 05-06-2010 04:15 PM
Btech terryboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 03-30-2010 03:30 PM
Btech terryboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 03-22-2010 07:47 PM
About Btech ltswat Academics 1 06-07-2009 04:36 PM

Btech vs. Engineering

Old 03-10-2010 at 10:36 PM   #16
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you really should stop asking this question: i'm pretty sure that you've spent more time worrying about whether you will get in, than studyign for that math test you probably have comign up in the next few weeks... Same with physics, religion, etc... You can't go into engineering if you are so worried about it like this. I am not saying you won't make it through: I'm saying that if you go and study rather than asking this same question repeatedly, than I'll see you in the fall, and you'll have something to work on... you'll have to work on focusing rather than worrying, because you can't worry in engineering!

Good luck. Stop worrying because once you stop worrying, you'll have no reason to worry if you're studying.
Old 03-10-2010 at 11:14 PM   #17
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

You can't worry if you wind up in B.Tech either. I can't entirely speak for the other streams, but the Energy Engineering one is NO cakewalk, even though the entrance requirements may be a bit more lax - which is probably part because of less competition to get in. I believe it may just be the most difficult stream out of all of them.

If you aren't familiar with it yet, think of B.Tech as a MUCH more specific course of study than the broad-based B.Eng. In my area we learn the same theory that a lot of Electrical AND Mechanical Engineers do, and just apply it directly to the energy and power industry. There is no watering down in Energy. There are still management and financial and yada yada courses that you MUST take.

Less worry, more action.

Last edited by temptingf8 : 03-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2010 at 11:17 PM   #18
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Jerry rocks. Especially at 4AM when you're waiting to go to Milton with MecVT and it's cold out, and Jerry has a vehicle... My Point: Listen to Jerry!
Old 03-10-2010 at 11:21 PM   #19
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Hey, I had a date to go to in downtown Toronto later that evening too

(yay MecVT!)
Old 03-10-2010 at 11:38 PM   #20
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryboy View Post
wat are my chances to making into the engineering program
*facepalm*
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:56 AM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Your chances aren't bad I don't think. I had pretty similar marks to you when I got in... but the entrance average was a bit lower then.