MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moutlon Hall Loft and Bunk -- Pictures? Theashe Moulton Hall Forum 9 07-24-2010 10:28 AM
bunk and loft The Effekt Residence & Housing 9 07-18-2010 03:31 PM
Room assignment sarahc Hedden Hall Forum 16 07-06-2008 09:33 PM

bunk assignment

Old 08-22-2010 at 02:07 PM   #16
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
When I saw a room during Welcome Day, the bunk (A/B) was on the left hand side of the room. A and B desks were on the far wall under the windows. The loft (C) was on the right hand side, and their desk is under the bed. The spaces betwen A and B's desks and the beds give you about a foot and a half of breathing space. Def not studying a lot in my room.

The simplified Chinese? Or the bluntness of the post?

I wouldn't be a dick about it in real life, that was just a joke.
Nah, the Chinese; I'm studying traditional right now, and the first character "wai" looks totally different from it's traditional form.
Old 08-23-2010 at 12:08 AM   #17
leemeiying

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
When I saw a room during Welcome Day, the bunk (A/B) was on the left hand side of the room. A and B desks were on the far wall under the windows. The loft (C) was on the right hand side, and their desk is under the bed. The spaces betwen A and B's desks and the beds give you about a foot and a half of breathing space. Def not studying a lot in my room.
By guessing, what'd you think the size of our desk is?

And how crammed is the seat between the bunk and the desk?
Old 08-23-2010 at 12:10 AM   #18
leemeiying

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
Nah, the Chinese; I'm studying traditional right now, and the first character "wai" looks totally different from it's traditional form.
It looks a bit different, but in the end, it's almost similar because simplified.. really, is just people writing traditional, but then get really lazy and just draw squiggles..

that's why so many people try to keep traditional because simplified seems to be losing "culture"...
Old 08-23-2010 at 01:51 AM   #19
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemeiying View Post

I lived in a bunk and loft room in my first year and the desks (I was in Moulton so it might be different for others) were really big. The desk spanned the width of the room and you had pretty much half of the desk for all your stuff and then the roommate had the other half.

The seat is kind of crammed but you can move it a little bit. I almost never studied at my desk, I either went to the common room or went to the study room in the basement and a couple of times I went to the "laundry" room on my floor cause there was a desk and chair in there.

Old 08-23-2010 at 10:32 PM   #20
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
It's true, simplified is way different than traditional. Traditional is so much nicer looking, but where I work I use only simplified. You can thank Mao for that one lol.
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:35 PM   #21
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemeiying View Post

The far wall of the room is ALL desk, literally stretching from one side to the other. It's split in half down the middle for A and B to have their own desk, with space in the middle for books and stuff. There's a TON of desk space, trust me. You might get, I dunno, maybe six feet wide (give or take a bit) and about two feet deep.

The space between the bunk and the desk is like a foot and a half. It's unbelievably tight looking.

EDIT: Guess I should have just put those two together rather than double post... Ah well.
Old 08-24-2010 at 03:32 AM   #22
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

is it the same in Les Prince, with both the beds labelled?
Old 08-26-2010 at 09:19 PM   #23
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
is it the same in Les Prince, with both the beds labelled?
I'd imagine so.