MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone know a walking route from ancaster to mcmaster? macbaby07 General Discussion 13 05-03-2010 08:36 PM
Ancaster Movie theatre **jewel 03** Movies & Television 12 03-17-2010 07:45 PM
SOCS in the CITY Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-31-2008 01:46 AM
McMaster Grad scores the Silver! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 4 08-23-2008 11:54 PM

how to bus from Mac to Silver City, Ancaster?

Old 11-20-2009 at 08:54 PM   #1
hamilton1555

Liked: 0 Times

how to bus from Mac to Silver City, Ancaster?
hey guys,

whats the fastest* way (one bus if possible) to get from McMaster University to Ancaster's Silver City on a Saturday?
Old 11-20-2009 at 09:03 PM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

On weekdays the 5C goes right to it, but unfortunately it doesn't go that far on the weekends. The only way I can think of is to take a bus downtown to Main and McNab, walk to James St. and grab the 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 or 35 bus, get off at Mohawk and take the 41 bus to Meadowlands. Kind of sucky, isn't it? If there is a faster way, please share!

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 11-20-2009 at 09:28 PM   #3
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

I thought 5C to Golflinks ran on Saturdays? But not Sundays and Holidays.
Old 11-21-2009 at 02:09 AM   #4
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

HSR Trip Planner

Put in your starting/ending points, time and date, and it'll bring up all the different routes you can take to get there
Old 11-21-2009 at 02:23 AM   #5
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

5C definitely doesn't run on Saturdays. You will have to do what James said and get off at Mohawk. Alternatively you can take the two lime ridge busses( Upper Kelinworth and Upper WentWorth I think) to the mall. At the LimeRidge terminal there are busses that leave for Meadowlands(41 Mohawk and 43 Stone Ridge). But with the Mohawk be very careful that it says 41 Mohawk to Meadowlands, there are 2-3 versions of Mohawk.

I used to work Saturdays+ Sundays and commute from Westdale to Meadowlands. I have tried all sorts of combo's that worked with my schedules(eg: 43 Stone Church and then 35 Upper Paradise to downtown at 9am). If you look at the bus route maps and have some spatial deduction talent you should be able to figure out the stuff and mix & match the times!

Or you can just pay $20 by cab!

p.s: The Trip planner is pretty useless/unreliable for Weekends

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-21-2009 at 08:29 AM   #6
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

You can't take 5C directly to Ancaster on saturday and HSR planner is pretty bad. I use google maps which works perfectly.

Google seems to be good at everything they do
Old 11-21-2009 at 08:48 AM   #7
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

The HSR planner sometimes requires a bit of fiddling with the destination address, but i haven't had too much trouble with it
Old 11-21-2009 at 05:17 PM   #8
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

google maps is the definately the way to go..the trip planner is terrible.

im wondering: are there any good nearby theatres? I know there is a small one in westdale, but they didnt seem to play good movies, and the one in Jackson Square didnt look too nice either.
Old 11-21-2009 at 05:57 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post

im wondering: are there any good nearby theatres? I know there is a small one in westdale, but they didnt seem to play good movies, and the one in Jackson Square didnt look too nice either.
Unfortunately, there's only those two and the one in Ancaster that I know of. There's one up on the mountain (on Concession) as well, but it's a smaller place that doesn't always play current stuff.

Man, why doesn't the 5C run to Meadowlands on weekends... I'd rather see movies/go out to dinner/ shop on the weekend anyway. :/
Old 11-21-2009 at 10:47 PM   #10
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Upper Kelinworth

43 Stone Ridge).
Hamilton natives are saddened. :(

Though I noticed Stone Church was correct later on in your post. Just nitpicking more than anything though. =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post

It's a lot further away, especially if you're coming from the west end of Hamilton, but Silvercity Hamilton is always an option too. I've never taken it there myself, but I assume the 43 has a stop near the area, though it too doesn't run on Sundays or holidays.
Old 11-21-2009 at 11:27 PM   #11
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Hamilton natives are saddened. :(

Though I noticed Stone Church was correct later on in your post. Just nitpicking more than anything though. =p
Lol don't blame me! I'm half passed out anyways when I'm waiting for these busses at 8am in the morning after a night shift!

p.s: *Upper Kenilworth!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13