MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Of Business (DeGroote School of Business) Chad Academics 58 09-12-2011 10:53 AM
Business Co-op kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-17-2010 08:16 AM
Mac Business I :D MTK3 Introduce Yourself 5 06-24-2010 01:43 AM
2nd Year Business Electives tiger Academics 17 05-31-2010 10:49 PM
questions about electives for business leve 1 maren3614 Academics 2 06-27-2008 08:49 AM

Business I electives

Old 07-03-2009 at 11:42 AM   #1
Ruxy91

Liked: 0 Times

Business I electives
Hey PPl,

So i am very confused on this elective stuff because everyone is saying something different. Originally i was planning to take psych 1XO3 and bio 1P03 as 2 of my electives but i was told that psych nd bio are really hard and that i should take something else like health studies or sociology. So the question is what are some easy electives that i could take in first year business???? (btw im already taking anthrop 1A03 and beginner spanish.)
Old 07-03-2009 at 11:44 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxy91 View Post
Hey PPl,

So i am very confused on this elective stuff because everyone is saying something different. Originally i was planning to take psych 1XO3 and bio 1P03 as 2 of my electives but i was told that psych nd bio are really hard and that i should take something else like health studies or sociology. So the question is what are some easy electives that i could take in first year business???? (btw im already taking anthrop 1A03 and beginner spanish.)
I took Geo 1HS3, Sociology 1A06, Psych 1A03, Psych 1AA3.

They all sucked.

Sociology sucked the least out of the four though, but not by much. They changed the Psych course codes now though, so I think 1A03 = 1X03 and 1AA3 = 1XX3.

Ruxy91 says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 11:55 AM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Your electives should be what you want to take and what you're interested in
If people are telling you to pick an easier route, then you might not get to experience your full potential and challenge yourself to the extent you desire.

Math might have been hard for Einstein's playmates but look at how he did

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 12:04 PM   #4
Ruxy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Your electives should be what you want to take and what you're interested in
If people are telling you to pick an easier route, then you might not get to experience your full potential and challenge yourself to the extent you desire.

Math might have been hard for Einstein's playmates but look at how he did
yeahh well i don't wanna challenge myself 2 much since its only my first year and i'd like 2 have a social life 2 but anyways bout the i should take what im interested in thing ur right thats wat im trying 2 do but there are soo many choices...
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:10 PM   #5
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

A. Are you living on residence?
B. What did you enjoy in high school?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 12:54 PM   #6
Ruxy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
A. Are you living on residence?
B. What did you enjoy in high school?
umm yes i am living on res. and well i liked some of the social sciences like psych or like sociology
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:57 PM   #7
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
umm yes i am living on res. and well i liked some of the social sciences like psych or like sociology
If you enjoy Psych and Sociology, you should take those electives. Although psych obviously requires a bit more of a science background than sociology.
Old 07-05-2009 at 10:15 AM   #8
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Hey PPl,
Originally i was planning to take psych 1XO3 and bio 1P03 as 2 of my electives
<slow motion> STTTOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!! </slow motion>... Ahem. >_>

Are you taking Bio 1P03 because the calendar said "It is strongly recommended that students without Grade 12 Biology U complete BIOLOGY 1P03 concurrent with this course."?

You don't need Bio for 1x03 and taking it doesn't make it any easier. My guess is that they assume people who take 1x03 in first term want to take 1xx3 in second term (the one where you do need bio in, from what I heard). Are you planning to take 1XX3?

(But yeah, my psych TA basically told me that my first week and by then I was too lazy to change my timetable/find a new elective, so I ended up sticking with it .)

But all that said, I've already talked about my time with Intro to Bio over here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2211 8
Old 07-05-2009 at 12:07 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc0390 View Post
You don't need Bio for 1x03 and taking it doesn't make it any easier. My guess is that they assume people who take 1x03 in first term want to take 1xx3 in second term (the one where you do need bio in, from what I heard). Are you planning to take 1XX3?
You heard correctly. Grade 12 Bio or Bio 1P03 is REQUIRED in order to take Psych 1XX3. (Credit or registration, so you can take Bio 1P03 in the same semester as Psych 1XX3 if you want.)