MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"What do you wanna eat?", "I dunno" Twelve Chars General Discussion 33 05-06-2011 06:22 PM
solution manual form "advanced Engineering Mathematics" paras Academics 7 03-10-2011 01:14 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Buying books, solution manuals, "clickers"

Old 08-14-2011 at 10:00 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Buying books, solution manuals, "clickers"
I will be taking med rad sci 1a03, 1b03, 1c03, 1d03, bio 1a03/1m03, chem 1a03, math 1a03, kineiol 1y03/1yy3

how do I know what courses require more than just a textbook? are there solution manuals for every course and are they needed? are the "clickers" needed?

Also, any tips on buying textbooks? where to find them cheapest? when to buy them?
Old 08-14-2011 at 10:18 PM   #2
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Here is the link to find what material you will need for each course:
http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/c...urs ematerial

You will know if you need an iClicker by using link above. You can take it one step further and find out through previous years course syllabus with a quick google search. I think for chem you need a lab coat and safety goggles? Protip: Safety goggles are ridiculously priced at Titles BUT if you wait till I think second or third week of school there is a HUGE sort of yard sale in front of Mills where you can get them for $0.50!!! You can get so much school stuff like McMaster branded clipboards, ID card holders, wallets etc here too for really cheap prices.

Solution manuals sometimes are bundled with the textbook if you buy them new but most of the time for my courses I find digital copies online.

Don't buy textbooks yet! It's too early. Wait till a class or two to see if you do really need the textbook! Find out if you can use an older edition as well. One other thing you can do now is to see if you can find a digital version online. I know some like to have a hard copy instead of reading off a computer screen, I know I do for math courses for instance, but there are occasions where a digital copy is enough.

Check out the Classified on Titles website, Facebook, and MacInsiders Marketplace. All are good places to find used textbooks.

Also Search box is your friend

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 08-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2011
alexryu9
This message has been removed by a moderator. .