MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Books on Ebay or Amazon? tammy37 General Discussion 4 04-29-2011 07:52 AM
Buying Books on EBay/Amazon? mse369 Academics 11 09-17-2010 06:51 PM
Buying textbooks online (Ebay, Amazon) lululand Academics 6 09-08-2010 06:40 PM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM

Buying a Phone Battery on Ebay?

Old 07-03-2012 at 05:13 PM   #1
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Buying a Phone Battery on Ebay?
Anyone have ebay experience on what to look out for when trying to buy an item like this, or any item in general? I'm having troubles weighing risk

I want to buy a spare battery from ebay for my motorola xt720, and despite the % of positive reviews, I'm paranoid as frack. Its a BP6X.

I could buy one that looks exactly like mine from the USA for 10$
or get two plus a charger that look the same as mine but ships from Hong Kong
or I could get one with double the capacity from Hong Kong... lol
or 5 of them for for 10$... seems legit
Old 07-03-2012 at 05:36 PM   #2
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

I've bought a lot of electronics (batteries, usb, memory, hard drives, etc.) from Hong Kong, China and never had any problems. Just be aware that you are getting an aftermarket product that may have lower life, but if you can get 5 for $10 why not.

RyanC likes this.
Old 07-03-2012 at 05:46 PM   #3
Cadibiagio

Liked: 1 Time

I've bought tons of electronics online too especially batteries. Usually the ones from Hong Kong and eastern Asia don't keep a charge as long as the ones sold with the phone but their really cheap and in the end worth it. It's really only the shipping time that sucks in the end.

RyanC likes this.
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:20 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Thanks guys. I tend to read the negative reviews of stuff and get freaked out when people complain, and imagine that the tens of thousands of postive reviews are all robot people whos purpose is to make the seller look good
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:34 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Thanks guys. I tend to read the negative reviews of stuff and get freaked out when people complain, and imagine that the tens of thousands of postive reviews are all robot people whos purpose is to make the seller look good
Lol, I'm actually the same when it comes to reviews. Very skeptical of the positive reviews XD