MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a job on/off campus! ishk33 General Discussion 11 07-30-2011 02:05 PM
Don't know where T28 is on campus :s R_21 General Discussion 7 02-08-2011 07:55 AM
DC++ Mac OS Off Campus Buszaj Computers & Tech 5 10-14-2010 11:38 PM
Getting a Job on Campus? Hanna Volunteering Opportunities 6 10-14-2010 02:44 PM
Getting Around Campus Mariah First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-15-2008 01:11 PM

What can I do on campus ?

Members have rated post #311746 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 04-26-2012 at 05:36 PM   #16
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Drink at the bar. Is no one else here an alcoholic?

jim1, Kudos, Lawrence like this.
Old 05-03-2012 at 12:09 PM   #17
Lawrence

Liked: 2 Times

well um you can;

-go downtown and explore all the ghettoness
-is the gym open?

jim1 likes this.
Old 05-03-2012 at 03:40 PM   #18
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
well um you can;

-go downtown and explore all the ghettoness
-is the gym open?
I am a Hamiltonian, so I have explored all the "ghettoness" before lol ...I think it's open not too sure.
Old 05-03-2012 at 04:19 PM   #19
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
I am a Hamiltonian, so I have explored all the "ghettoness" before lol ...I think it's open not too sure.
Man..downtown sure is ghetto. When I was downtown working on my Geog 1HB3 final project (don't take this class!) this old creepy man smoking a pipe was sitting on the steps of this abandoned house. He kept pointing at me and with his hands was telling me to come to him. I ran for my life to the nearest major intersection (exaggeration). Never going downtown again unless I need to for another project (hopefully not). D=

jim1 likes this.
Old 05-03-2012 at 10:15 PM   #20
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Man..downtown sure is ghetto. When I was downtown working on my Geog 1HB3 final project (don't take this class!) this old creepy man smoking a pipe was sitting on the steps of this abandoned house. He kept pointing at me and with his hands was telling me to come to him. I ran for my life to the nearest major intersection (exaggeration). Never going downtown again unless I need to for another project (hopefully not). D=
I agree with you, downtown hamilton is terrible...One time I was there at night with my friends and this old man came by and started talking to us and pointing to a bar that he recommended us to go to (I am pretty sure he wasn't even pointing to a bar)...he kept talking then shook hands with my friend and hugged him (it was just creepy because you don't hug a random person).
yea I don't like downtown hamilton....
Old 05-04-2012 at 07:48 AM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You guys are doing it wrong.. interacting with the homeless/crazy people of downtown is like, the most exciting part of living in Hamilton..
Old 05-23-2012 at 01:43 AM   #22
manaloej

Liked: 1 Time

4th floor mills

jim1 likes this.
Old 06-21-2012 at 02:58 PM  
pvh_

Liked: 0 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 06-21-2012 at 03:21 PM   #23
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions ! I went to the art museum this morning (for the second time) and it definitely changed from last year (I enjoyed a lot of the art pieces that were displayed). I also went to the media place in mills.
To be honest walking around campus by yourself isn't the greatest, its definitely better to go for a walk with a friend.
Overall great day at mac..better than staying at home lol

All your suggestions are/were helpful I will be going to the dbac tomorrow to try out some of the activities that they offer.

Any more suggestions are always welcome !
You have to be the boredest person. Crazy. I know exactly what it's like.

Photography around Mac is always fun (plus it's summer, so not much people around), and the trails are nice.

Also, since I can't "Like" posts (WHY?), I'm going to thanks people.

jim1 likes this.
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:16 PM   #24
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I know this is thread is pretty much over, but if anyone is still looking for something to do:

Every wednesday night in BSB (throughout the summer term right now as well), the origins institute holds an astronomy-related lecture in the planetarium. sometimes they have 3D shows as well. admission is $5 I think.

I haven't gone yet, but it's definitely on my mac bucket list.

jim1 likes this.
Old 06-21-2012 at 06:58 PM   #25
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
I know this is thread is pretty much over, but if anyone is still looking for something to do:

Every wednesday night in BSB (throughout the summer term right now as well), the origins institute holds an astronomy-related lecture in the planetarium. sometimes they have 3D shows as well. admission is $5 I think.

I haven't gone yet, but it's definitely on my mac bucket list.
Been there, it was def worth the admission

jim1 likes this.
Old 06-21-2012
raptorboi
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-21-2012 at 09:54 PM   #26
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by removed
(Moderator: User requested post be removed)
So hot <3 <3