MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable Review! GetFighted First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-22-2010 12:40 PM
HELP!! someone please review my timetable tiffanytian First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-19-2010 02:36 PM
Review my timetable please? :) Need some help... Strategy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-18-2010 06:38 PM
Timetable Review!?! Please! jay7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-13-2010 06:39 PM
Review My Timetable Please :D MohitB First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-07-2008 10:41 PM

can someone please review my timetable :x

Old 08-09-2010 at 09:29 PM   #1
zetianz

Liked: 3 Times

can someone please review my timetable :x
basically the title, but i dunno if i should change anything feels like i dont have enough time between each classes. pls and thanks
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetable.doc (50.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-09-2010 at 09:30 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetianz View Post
basically the title, but i dunno if i should change anything feels like i dont have enough time between each classes. pls and thanks
You can walk from one end of the campus to the other in 10 minutes.
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:04 PM   #3
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

your schedule is alright other than the 8 30 class everyday unless you are a morning person...which I'm not :p
I had 9 30 everyday and it was brutal
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:35 PM   #4
killza

Liked: 105 Times

AWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA

Man, that 8:30 is brutal...trust me, I tried to keep up with it for a few days, didn't work, just attended another lecture. Also you'll come to love the short little breaks in between, good way to nap for a bit.
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:42 PM   #5
zetianz

hahahah term 1 seems good CEPT term 2, my friends like ITS SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEE
like i wanna change it but i dunno what to change to
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:46 PM   #6
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
hahahah term 1 seems good CEPT term 2, my friends like ITS SUICIDEEEEEEEEEEEE
like i wanna change it but i dunno what to change to
Of course it's killer. You're doing organic chem with it.
Not that you need chem anyways in MedRad. Are you trying to get into medicine?

Last edited by _Luu_ : 08-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:55 PM   #7
zetianz

yeahhh kindaaa is orgo haaard? (i feel like imma start crying)
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:59 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
yeahhh kindaaa is orgo haaard? (i feel like imma start crying)
Most people say Orgo is hard, I thought it was alright. I would say an 8 is quite attainable in both first and second orgo.

You should make sure you can take all the prerequisites for medical school while in Med Rad though, I don't recall there being many electives...
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:11 PM   #9
zetianz

there isnt that many actually but um what other prerequisites are there? i only of chem and also a social science
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:14 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
there isnt that many actually but um what other prerequisites are there? i only of chem and also a social science
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...2.html?t=29582

But if you are applying to the States they have a bunch, bio, physics, chem, english, psych, etc... Some even have social science, stats, and higher level biology courses. Depends on the school so you'll have to do your research.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:15 PM   #11
_Luu_
Elite Member

I think I'll have to break out the bad news.

MedRadSci, unlike most science programs at Mac, is quite structured. You won't have much room for electives. And seeing how medical school is your end goal (am i right?), I would assume that you'd try to apply to as much medical schools as possible, therefore you would have to fulfill their pre-reqs. Some places don't, some places do.

Keep in mind three things:
1) Some of the upper-year MedRad courses are on a Pass/Fail basis, therefore you can't give an actual grade. The selection committes at medical schools do look for grades. I honestly don't know how they'll deal with that.

2) Depending on what stream of MedRad you get into, you will have probably 6 credit hours for any elective combined in second and third years. Plus you would have only one free summer at the end of first year. So in reality, you probably won't be able to fulfill most of the pre-reqs. (Refer to the medical school pre-reqs guide that's somewhere in this forum. Just search for it. ) EDIT: Never mind. Jeremy just posted it in the previous reply.

3) Since there's a lot of practical learning, A's could be hard to come by.

In conclusion, doing your MedRad program while trying to take pre-reqs for med school is technically possible. However, it's not the preferred route.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 08-09-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:18 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
I think I'll have to break out the bad news.

MedRadSci, unlike most science programs at Mac, is quite structured. You won't have much room for electives. And seeing how medical school is your end goal (am i right?), I would assume that you'd try to apply to as much medical schools as possible, therefore you would have to fulfill their pre-reqs. Some places don't, some places do.

Keep in mind two things:
1) Some of the upper-year MedRad courses are on a Pass/Fail basis, therefore you can't give an actual grade. The selection committes at medical schools do look for grades. I honestly don't know how they'll deal with that.

2) Depending on what stream of MedRad you get into, you will have probably 6 credit hours for any elective combined in second and third years. Plus you would have only one free summer at the end of first year. So in reality, you probably won't be able to fulfill most of the pre-reqs. (Refer to the medical school pre-reqs guide that's somewhere in this forum. Just search for it.)

In conclusion, doing your MedRad program while trying to take pre-reqs for med school is technically possible. However, it's not the preferred route.
That's right, I forgot to mention that. It's not only the fact that you don't have enough electives, it's also the fact that you can't take extra courses (courses that do not count towards your degree but would count towards Medical School prerequisites) because you don't have any summers. You are either in school or in clinical.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:21 PM   #13
zetianz

oh i seee, oh my im completely dreading first year now hahahah ohh mann
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:24 PM   #14
_Luu_
Elite Member

Well, you could switch over to Life Sci? It would make fulfilling med school pre-reqs easier?

It's up to you. At least you've been informed now, and you won't be screaming "OMGWTFWHYYYYY?!" later.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:26 PM   #15
zetianz

wait so should i drop orgo chem then?
and take something that requires lessser of my time because medical school would be nice but if im gonna die inbetween thennnn...