MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I do a year than apply for a different program? jrol First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 03-23-2013 02:45 AM
how do you apply to be a TA for first year courses mk90 Academics 2 10-12-2011 08:37 PM
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Re-Apply to First Year?? DumbEngKid Academics 4 04-09-2010 12:18 AM

can you apply for a second year program in your second year?

Old 12-21-2013 at 12:30 PM   #1
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

can you apply for a second year program in your second year?
If I am in second year of Uni and I want to get into a program thats already started second year (but I would be starting that same program third year) is that allowed? I have the pre requisites for the program but had to repeat 2 of them because of low marks. Will the CA be my second year CA then or first yeah CA to get into the program
Old 12-21-2013 at 02:18 PM   #2
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

Someone please reply!
Old 12-21-2013 at 02:29 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Relax...you don't need to prompt for a reply if it's only been an hour since you posted.

Your question depends on your specific situation - what course you repeated, what your grades are, etc., as well as the program you're trying to get into.

CA = CUMULATIVE average. There is no such thing as a "first year CA" and "second year CA". Those are sessional averages, abbreviated 'SA'. Your CA is typically used to determine admission into programs.
Old 12-21-2013 at 02:33 PM   #4
Science Rocks

Liked: 6 Times

What if you have the CA required but two of the prerequisite courses you need a specific mark in you don't have?
Old 12-21-2013 at 03:45 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science Rocks View Post
What if you have the CA required but two of the prerequisite courses you need a specific mark in you don't have?
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...4.html?t=87864
Old 12-22-2013 at 02:39 PM   #6
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

hey so im transferring into 3rd year PNB (im currently in 2nd year honours life sciences) and basically what happens when you want to transfer into another program is a) they are going to look at your CUMULATIVE average from both first and second year, if you meet the requirements you will enter into that program. BUT you may have to redo your second year in that program unless you have done most of the course equivalents for that program. EX: i need PNB 2XA3 --cognition. but i can substitute it for PSYCH 2H03 and it counts. what you should do in the new year is go and see a counsellor and see if it is possible to do so.