MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cancelled courses MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-17-2013 09:33 PM
School cancelled for today Reda General Discussion 20 02-08-2013 02:19 PM
Is having a lot of cancelled courses on your transcript bad? CAHopeful Academics 7 06-26-2011 11:40 PM
Questions about cancelled courses Kathy2 Academics 7 01-25-2011 08:15 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

Cancelled courses in Summer School

Old 05-29-2013 at 02:21 AM   #1
dr4357

Liked: 1 Time

Cancelled courses in Summer School
Hey guys..just a random question..always been curious about this...Do Cancelled Courses Get Labelled as Cancelled on Transcripts for Summer terms? Just find it weird because the last day to cancel courses is on the 4th and I know for all courses Ive ever taken in summer terms, it works out to being like a week away from the end of the term lol just seems kinda weird that its so late...and i know that generally summer term courses dont get added to transcripts till after the course is fully completed, so ive always wondered why...any thoughts would be nice

thanks guys!!
Old 05-29-2013 at 06:34 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Yes, they do get labelled as cancelled.

No, during the year you don't have until near the end of term to drop a course without it showing up on your transcript, I think you're thinking of the date to drop before failure by default.

The courses don't get added to your transcript til you're done just because they're busy from end-of-term and the courses are only about 6 weeks. It just takes time.
Old 05-29-2013 at 12:34 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Yes it shows.
Last day to cancel usually is around like 2/3 of the course. During the year it is around midterm 2 so I guess during the summer it should be around the midterm time also.