MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't Login healthsci1 Academics 5 08-10-2010 02:34 PM
why can't i login to my undergraduate email? oDianao First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-16-2009 07:50 PM
DC++ login Kurt_ Academics 4 09-10-2009 09:04 PM
Mac Email Problem - can't login? allisonferla First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-17-2008 10:19 AM
New login page Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-26-2006 03:12 PM

Cannot login Mugsi right now :(

Old 08-11-2010 at 12:01 PM   #421
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

So I just woke up half an hour ago, and went on FB to see everyone freaking out about MUGSI. Honestly, the extra four hours of sleep was waaaay worth it, seeing as not many have got on. Sighh.

resh.jyoti likes this.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:01 PM   #422
JAYJAY

Liked: 0 Times

Almost 5 hours.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:03 PM   #423
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I give up. I'll just keep the schedule they gave me lol
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:03 PM   #424
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Guys, I learned this the hard way. Finally got in after 3 and a half hours and the links on the mugsi page didnt work.

YOU HAVE TO GO OUT, AS PAINFUL AS THAT IS, AND LOG BACK IN.

I did that and I'm in SOLAR right now, after 5 hours almost. Promise I'll exit whem im done
i logged in my mac id by accessing my timetable. do i have to login through the mugsi link?
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:04 PM   #425
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
I give up. I'll just keep the schedule they gave me lol
You still have until September 28th to make changes to your first term schedule.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:04 PM   #426
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindz! View Post
i logged in my mac id by accessing my timetable. do i have to login through the mugsi link?
No, but your 45 minutes start when you first login.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:05 PM   #427
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

I'd love to keep my timetable and avoid this torture...but I can't lol - I have to add two more courses and switch up two labs/tutorials to avoid conflict....MAN lol i've never been so frustrated before.....oh wait, i have....last year around this time...

Harlequin says thanks to shockalot for this post.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:07 PM   #428
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

pfft i have to change 5 tutorials 2 cores and 2 labs
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:08 PM   #429
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amna View Post
Ive been trying to get onto mugsi for 3 hours, plus none of my electives were scheduled because of conflicts... im in integrated science so i think all the students have the same timetable except for electives..
I have no idea what to do.. if I wait too long will I just have no electives? omg im so scared.... do they have a day at the beginning of school where you can go and sign up for courses??
It's not the end... there's a couple things you can do.
1) Do what someone suggested earlier with the notepad HTML page, in this same thread. You can your wrists from carpal tunnel.
2) Go to the timetable page, reload until you sign in, view the timetable (to make sure ur actually signed in) and then try to get into MUGSI again. You won't have to sign in, and you'll just get the 'continue' page.
3) Go through maccess.mcmaster.ca, click Academics, and go through MUGSI there. Again, you won't have to sign in.
4) Try another browser (IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, change from what you're doing now). Macccess doesnt work PROPERLY with anything but IE though, I think.

If you don't get your course today, there's a good chance everything will be full. Some things, like Psych and Life Sci, get opened randomly from people changing them around. This happens for the next month until the Add/Drop deadline date. If you dont get a course now, you can keep trying until this date. Worst case scenario, you dont get it until the Add/Drop date. In that case, just go to the class and wait, because people drop things really close to that date all the time.

You could try talking to a faculty admin of your desired course for a spot, but they probably wont help you because that course is not required.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:09 PM   #430
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

MUGSI is like the friend that nobody likes but you're friends with because you have to be...

Old 08-11-2010 at 12:12 PM   #431
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockalot View Post
I'd love to keep my timetable and avoid this torture...but I can't lol - I have to add two more courses and switch up two labs/tutorials to avoid conflict....MAN lol i've never been so frustrated before.....oh wait, i have....last year around this time...
This year was/is so much more frustrating than last year. I blame it on all the first years. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like McMaster can even accommodate all these students in their classes.
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:12 PM   #432
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh
You have issues don't you?
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:12 PM   #433
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
MUGSI is like the friend that nobody likes but you're friends with because you have to be...
you mean "friend that everyone wants to punch in the face and make sure they feel pain like never before"

Old 08-11-2010 at 12:14 PM   #434
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

the worst part is that my timetable was perfect but the dips&^*& decieded to change the tutorial and core of one of my courses a couple of weeks go and bingo it conflicts.ffs
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:14 PM   #435
x0xalishax0x

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
I prefer the analogy-MUGSI is like a tease-when it's time to put out-nothing actually happens.
GAHHH
it gave me the login bar then told me there were max amount of people on.
DOOM ON YOU MUGSI