MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-12-2012 at 06:18 PM   #1
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Change Room Etiquette
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I want to start using the showers at the gym because I'm getting tired of walking all the way home to shower after working out. But I'm an awkward human being and I had some questions.

Do people expect you to cover up? Like, should I being doing the awkward thing where you try and get dressed with your towel on? Or is it okay if I'm a little naked in the changing room before putting my undies on?

Any other things I should know about using the changing rooms?

I feel really stupid asking this stuff...please help
I'm a girl btw...

Old 01-12-2012 at 06:22 PM   #2
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I usually try to cover myself up but I`ve definitely seen girls that didn`t try to cover up.

crazyfree says thanks to ingénieur.xo for this post.
Old 01-12-2012 at 06:30 PM   #3
Dumbo

Liked: 7 Times

After taking gym class for 4 years in high school you eventually learn to not care about that anymore but I will cover up for the sake of others.

Didn't read your whole post and realized you were a girl...in that case Idk. lol

crazyfree says thanks to Dumbo for this post.
Old 01-12-2012 at 08:50 PM   #4
crazyfree
Elite Member

So being naked won't make me look like a weirdo?

I used to do a lot of sports in high school and we didn't care, but obviously we all knew each other, that's why I'm not sure how it goes in public changerooms lol.

Old 01-12-2012 at 08:51 PM   #5
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I usually cover up when I get in and out of the showers. But when I'm actually changing it's easier "to be a little naked". Realistically, we all have the same parts so nothing is a shocker. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

crazyfree says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 01-12-2012 at 09:47 PM   #6
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Yep, I always have a towel and try to get my undies and bra on while being covered.. doesn't work, too well, so I just be naked for a little bit.

like 99% of people try to be somewhat covered. If you're shy and don't want to do that, there are changing rooms where you can get dressed properly

Like if there's a bunch of people all around you, like right beside you, you don't really just throw off your towel, you try to cover up at least a little so it's not awkward.

But uh yeah I've seen old women walking around naked, saggy **** and bush and everything like it's no ones business.

I heard that in the guys locker room, guys are like walking around towel drying their hair while their junk flaps all over the place, haha, but I think girls are a little bit more shy

crazyfree says thanks to xo.monica for this post.
Old 01-12-2012 at 11:37 PM   #7
Circa

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
I heard that in the guys locker room, guys are like walking around towel drying their hair while their junk flaps all over the place, haha
Nah that's usually just the 65+ year olds

Old 01-13-2012 at 12:23 AM   #8
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quality thread.
Makes me wish we had a best of MI.
Old 01-13-2012 at 07:08 AM   #9
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
But uh yeah I've seen old women walking around naked, saggy **** and bush and everything like it's everyone's business.
Fixed that for you
Old 01-13-2012 at 07:28 AM   #10
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa View Post
hahah

12chars
Old 01-13-2012 at 09:23 AM   #11
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Please cover up at least until you have undergarments on. I hate seeing butt naked people on either side of me as I get dressed or use my locker. Mainly the older people get butt naked and walk around, even try talking to me while breasts are flapping as they brush their hair. Please Please Please DO NOT follow their example, no matter how comfortable you are with the idea.
Old 01-13-2012 at 09:50 AM   #12
crazyfree
Elite Member

See as awkward as that was, I'm glad I asked Thank you

General consensus seems to be: cover up, but flashes a nakedness whilst getting dressed are not frowned upon.

Old 01-13-2012 at 11:44 AM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

No, general consensus among people your age with the same insecurities is to cover up.

Ever seen the older folk in the change rooms? They don't give a FVCK. Not one. It's called a change room for a reason.

Have a problem with **** and ass? Then you're probably screwed for your life.

Also this does not apply to morbidly obese people.
QQmoarfatpeople.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-13-2012 at 12:17 PM   #14
oakster15

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa View Post
This is THE worst. Never go to the gym around old man hour at the pool. And is it really necessary for them to stand rigth next to you with their leg up on the bench buck ass naked?
Old 01-13-2012 at 04:26 PM   #15
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Also make sure to avoid starting conversations while you are changing. Those get awkward really fast