MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Chem 2E03 antirequisite of Chem 2OA3? Mr.Prodigy Academics 22 12-04-2010 07:32 PM

Chem 2OA3

Old 12-22-2008 at 05:12 PM   #61
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Chem 2OA3
Course Overview
Chem 2OA3 (Organic chemistry, also known as "orgo") covers introductory topics in organic chemistry: chemical bonding, molecular orbitals, acid/base chemistry, stereochemistry, spectroscopy techniques (infrared spec, mass spec, proton & C13 NMR), functional group...

all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

likes this.
Old 08-08-2013 at 12:39 PM   #60
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin~ View Post
How is Chem 2OA3 different from Chem Bio2OA3?
From what I can tell, it isn't. It's just that one is for Honours Chemical Biology students specifically and the other is for everyone else. (Which I guess would mean chem bio 2OA3 has a smaller class size etc., but the material should be the same).
Old 08-28-2014 at 10:36 AM   #61
Humaira

Liked: 0 Times
Do you think its worth buying the textbook new to get WileyPlus/Orion Test Bank?
Old 08-28-2014 at 11:30 AM  
Humaira

MacInsiders Notice
This comment has been flagged as inappropriate or not adhering to our Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 08-28-2014 at 01:04 PM   #62
Lin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaira View Post
Do you think its worth buying the textbook new to get WileyPlus/Orion Test Bank?
nope, or at least it wasn't last year with old midterms and textbook problems, but you seem to have a new prof this year.
Old 08-28-2014 at 03:25 PM   #63
Humaira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin~ View Post
nope, or at least it wasn't last year with old midterms and textbook problems, but you seem to have a new prof this year.
Thanks! I thought Harrison was the prof last year too?
Old 08-28-2014 at 05:02 PM   #64
Lin~

Last year Brook taught the first half and Harrison the second. Brook taught free-style with chalk talk, and in my opinion made orgo quite fun. He's going on sabbatical for a bit though. Harrison teaches strictly to the book so just read textbook and do his practice problems and you'll be fine.
Old 08-28-2014 at 07:19 PM   #65
Humaira

great, thanks!
Old 02-18-2017 at 01:05 PM   #66
mattress

Brutal course. Dr. Harrison is flat-out a terrible teacher, so I'd recommend taking this course any place besides McMaster. Take it at York University during the summer if you can; trust me it'll be worth it. Difficult to get a good mark in Organic Chemistry even if you dedicate ALL of your time to it (which is what I did and I ended up with a B+).

Assignments are ok, labs are a bitch and a half, test was quite hard, exam was really hard. Just a shitty course overall; of course, the content itself is interesting as hell but that's only if you read the textbook. Going to lecture and trying to understand Harrison is torture and you will NOT find it interesting in the slightest.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search