MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering I Elective choosing Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-27-2010 11:40 PM
Reasons for choosing Mac Connor_92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 34 04-07-2010 09:00 PM
Choosing residence? kirsten..! Residence & Housing 2 02-21-2010 03:22 PM
Need Help Choosing Courses ThatGuy Academics 3 06-22-2009 11:15 PM
Choosing First Year Rez bhaley General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 12:03 PM

Choosing my elective...

Old 06-21-2010 at 03:17 PM   #1
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Choosing my elective...
So.. im going into my second year for eng and mgmt and having some trouble with my electives. I go to this link, check my program and chose all the courses that i needed (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...t/pg1202.html). I took ECON 1BB3 in first year and have to replace it with another elective. Now...i dont know if im limited to only the electives on this page (http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/electives.pdf) or can i choose the ones on this page (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...ent/pg103.html) If anyone knows that would be great. Cause at the bottom of that page it says.
* Not acceptable for the six-unit complementary studies elective required in Engineering I.
but ive already taken both ECON's which are so..im just wondering if i still have to restrict my electives to the approved list or if i can just choose any elective now. Any help would be great.
Old 06-21-2010 at 03:54 PM   #2
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

pretty sure you have to take electives from the approved list. the degree audit shows which electives you can take and it's exactly the same as the complementary electives list.
Old 06-21-2010 at 04:00 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Ya, it must be from that list to count towards your degree. If you're looking for something kind of easy, I remember a lot of people in second year engineering taking French 1Z06 and saying it wasn't bad. :p
Old 06-21-2010 at 05:09 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

To have the electives count towards your degree you have to take them from the list.

Having said that, you can take pretty much any course that interests you, just be aware it will not be counted towards your degree.