MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
restaurants for VALENTINES DAY!! jayaprr Dating & Relationships 4 02-28-2012 02:15 PM
Restaurants steve315 Dating & Relationships 11 07-14-2011 07:04 PM
good restaurants in Hamilton? chinadian Body & Food 0 02-13-2011 12:08 PM
Best Delivery Restaurants Pay919 Body & Food 1 12-10-2010 09:41 AM
Celiac Restaurants??? Rossclot General Discussion 8 02-07-2010 03:01 PM

Classy Restaurants in Hamilton?

Old 04-10-2012 at 10:53 AM   #1
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Classy Restaurants in Hamilton?
So a few of us want to get a professor a nice end-of-the-year present and it was suggested to us that we should get a gift certificate for a nice restaurant that he and his wife can enjoy. It was also suggested to avoid restaurants near campus since they'll probably be filled with students and he's probably tired of seeing all of our faces. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's 25 of us pitching in, so the budget can be pretty flexible.

I should specify that I'm not familiar with most of the restaurants in or around Hamilton so if you guys could give a quick review of the restaurants you suggest and the price per person, that would be awesome.

Last edited by MichaelScarn : 04-10-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2012 at 11:00 AM   #2
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

What about the Old Mill in Ancaster
Old 04-10-2012 at 11:08 AM   #3
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
What about the Old Mill in Ancaster
What's the price range?
Old 04-10-2012 at 11:20 AM   #4
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

I havent been in a while, its not like a Kelseys or something I would say like the Keg sorta price range, ~30 for an entre I guess

MichaelScarn says thanks to Philipp31 for this post.
Old 04-10-2012 at 11:20 AM   #5
terrafirma

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
So a few of us want to get a professor a nice end-of-the-year present and it was suggested to us that we should get a gift certificate for a nice restaurant that he and his wife can enjoy. It was also suggested to avoid restaurants near campus since they'll probably be filled with students and he's probably tired of seeing all of our faces. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's 25 of us pitching in, so the budget can be pretty flexible.

I should specify that I'm not familiar with most of the restaurants in or around Hamilton so if you guys could give a quick review of the restaurants you suggest and the price per person, that would be awesome.
The Purple Pear is probably the classiest restaurant I've been to. Great service and portion sizes, good food as well for a decent price. Menu is here: http://www.purplepear.ca/page.php?page=Dinner

Most people who go there also seem to get wine so I suppose the price could add up.

Another recommended restaurant is La Spaghette. It looks rather sketchy from the outside (next to stag shop...) but inside is perfect for your prof's dinner with his wife. Pics here: http://www.laspaghett.com/

MichaelScarn says thanks to terrafirma for this post.

Cliu91, Entropy like this.
Old 04-10-2012 at 11:24 AM   #6
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

the old mill does buffet at 50$/person so i'd assume at least 150$-200 for a nice two person dinner, if any alcohol is involved
Old 04-10-2012 at 12:03 PM   #7
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

If you want Hamilton/Burlington area, then Spencers at the waterfront in Burlington is really nice. price range is around that of the keg. here's the website if you want more info

http://www.spencers.ca/

MichaelScarn says thanks to Misspolitics for this post.

akeludjian, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 04-10-2012 at 12:40 PM   #8
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

The Old Mill in Aberfoyle (different than the Old Mill in Ancaster) is also pretty classy. My grandparents did their 50th anniversary there and it was really nice. http://www.aberfoylemill.com /
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:10 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Spice avenue was really good (http://www.spiceavenue.ca), but definitely not as fancy as Spencer's! And if it's for a prof, with budget not that big of a deal, then Spencer's is definitely the best option!
Old 04-11-2012 at 12:32 AM   #10
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Edgewater Manor.

I read about this place in a magazine recently and it's now on my bucket list. The place looks classy as hell, and I think you'd be paying not only for quality food, but for the entire fine dining experience. It quite literally looks like it's just some rich person's house (and it probably is). Visit the Gallery and see for yourself. The experience just seems indescribable.