MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commuting drpatel General Discussion 10 02-02-2012 08:41 AM
commuting raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-30-2011 09:39 PM
Commuting to WW missscarlett First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-08-2011 04:01 PM
Anyone Commuting to Mac? recos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 09-30-2010 11:26 PM
Commuting MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-24-2009 08:35 AM

Commuting Question

Old 07-09-2013 at 11:47 PM   #1
BrittanyP

Liked: 0 Times

Commuting Question
I live in Mississauga and I plan on commuting to mac in my first (call it a test run if you will)
I'm just a bit confused as to whether the Trafalgar Go or the Square One Go is a better option??
Thanksss a bunch
Old 07-10-2013 at 12:11 AM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

i think it comes down to which one is more convenient for u.

One minor issue with the Trafal. bus, is it may be packed with ppl from Sq. one, so seating my be a problem.

BrittanyP says thanks to jon.john23 for this post.
Old 07-10-2013 at 12:13 AM   #3
BrittanyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
i think it comes down to which one is more convenient for u.

One minor issue with the Trafal. bus, is it may be packed with ppl from Sq. one, so seating my be a problem.
well I live closer to the Trafalgar stop so that would be a bit easier, but i'll double check over the summer Thanks a lot!
Old 07-10-2013 at 12:25 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Isn't there also an express at sq1 that skips everything and goes straight to mac.
Old 07-10-2013 at 12:46 AM   #5
BrittanyP

Is there actually ?! DO you know much about it?
Old 07-10-2013 at 02:48 AM   #6
minamaqdassy

I've been commuting from Square One for two years now and I have friends who commute from the Trafalgar stop. I believe there is an express from Oakville straight to Mac and back, but it doesn't run as often as the express from Square One. I hope that helps!
Old 07-10-2013 at 08:03 AM   #7
RJK1990

Liked: 11 Times

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...rd/Table46.pdf

I took the GO bus a lot in my 2nd and 3rd year. Nothing beats the convenience of driving to and from campus though.

There are express buses that leave from Square One that typically leave 5 to 10 minutes before the regular 47 that stops at Trafalgar. This is done to alleviate the seating issue that would otherwise occur.

Along with the express Square One bus, there is also an express bus from Trafalgar to Mac, but it only runs during peak hours.

All times are in the link I provided.