MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which residences has the "Women & Leadership" and "All-Female Community" themes? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-21-2012 11:15 PM
"Easy" third year religious studies/miscellaneous electives? Phantom Academics 0 12-19-2011 12:37 AM
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"easy" 2nd year electives maryam17 Academics 16 01-06-2010 10:18 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Compilation of "easy" electives

Old 06-10-2013 at 01:31 AM   #1
hanj37

Liked: 0 Times

Compilation of "easy" electives
Hi everyone!
So, please provide feedback on the following electives that many people considered as easy, bird courses. Id like to know which is actually easy.. Also, please let me know if any of these have essay evaluation portions :S

Econ 1b03/1bb3
Biology 2C03
Linguistics 1A03
Music history 1A03
Geo IHS3
earth sc 2GG3 (natural disasters)
Astro 2B03
Psych 2H03
Psych 2AP3
Psych 2TT3
Psych 2C03
Psych 2B03
Music 2F03
Classics2MT3
Old 06-10-2013 at 06:20 AM   #2
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Biology 2C03 is definitely NOT an easy elective.

Earth Sci 2GG3 is pretty easy.

Psych 2AP3 is one of the most interesting courses I've taken but it's not "easy". I personally love Dr. Day but not everyone does. I'd suggest that you do Psych 2B03 first which is easier in terms of content (both of the course structures are the same), and if you do well and enjoy his teaching then go for 2AP3.

Psych 2TT3 is pretty easy, the final exam was a bit tricky but nothing brutal? Dr. Beston is a great prof and actually made me enjoy a course that I'd thought I wouldn't have any interest in.

Music 2F03 seems to be an easy course, I haven't done it but everyone says so :p

Classics 2MT3 is going to be taught by my MCAT instructor for the first time and he is a really chill guy who I quote "If you wanna take an advantage of a prof who doesnt know what he is doing and will make things easy cos it is his first time, take this course".

Also, I haven't done psych 2H03, but a couple of my friends have, it is not easy but apparently interesting and quite a bit of work but a good grade is still attainable.
Old 06-10-2013 at 07:52 AM   #3
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

I am getting pretty tired of ppl saying "easy" electives because it is very subjective. One course may be easy for you but not for someone else. I could do well in a course that had a relatively great prof and interesting material.

As noted above, Jiwon thought Bio 2C03 was easy while Iqra disagreed. I think it depends on your interests and your strengths as well.

For me, I found the following interesting and thus "easy":

Life Sci 2N03 (Dr. Pincivero)
Math 1A03 + 1AA3 (Dr. Barto and Dr. Childs respectively)
Psych 2B03 (Dr. Day)
Origins/Astron 2B03 (Dr. Parker)

All of these courses had great profs when I took them. They were all approachable, willing to help, and responded to e-mails within 24 hrs.

Check out the course reviews and the comments I made to elaborate why I found it interesting and "easy".
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:17 AM   #4
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
I am getting pretty tired of ppl saying "easy" electives because it is very subjective. One course may be easy for you but not for someone else. I could do well in a course that had a relatively great prof and interesting material.

As noted above, Jiwon thought Bio 2C03 was easy while Iqra disagreed. I think it depends on your interests and your strengths as well..
I completely agree about the interest aspect, there really aren't many easy courses, it depends on what you are good at, what is easy to someone may be torture to you.

Bio 2C03 is a super interesting course but it is a lot of work, not something that I'd say is something you can take if you want something that is an easy double digit.