MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was anyone else completely unaware of orientation week? akmac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-06-2011 10:50 AM
McMaster Completely Screwed Me Over feonateresa Financial Aid 22 11-14-2009 05:47 PM
Wow, completely screwed for my Comm 2QA3 midterm lawleypop General Discussion 35 10-12-2009 03:51 PM
Your student I.D. card must be surrendered when you completely withdraw from......... Arnold General Discussion 18 06-10-2009 01:50 PM
forgot to complete snc 1a00 shreya s. Academics 12 12-23-2008 08:35 PM

Completely forgot to complete a quiz?

Old 11-21-2013 at 08:22 PM   #1
MariamH

Liked: 0 Times

Completely forgot to complete a quiz?
In my nursing course, we have to do a quiz that appears on Avenue to Learn every two weeks. I thought my quiz is this week, but it turned out that it is actually next week, which means I didn't do the last quiz.

I completely forgot so I looked at my marks to see if I've actually got a zero. There was no "0%"on my Grades and when I clicked on this quiz, a message showed up stating, "you did not attempt to complete this quiz."

So I don't know if I got a zero or something else. What should I do? This quiz closed last Friday and I don't know if I should e-mail my professor. I definitely messed up.
Old 11-21-2013 at 08:53 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Well when the marks are posted you'll get that 0
Old 11-21-2013 at 08:55 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Check your course outline. You'll probably get a zero on it.
Old 11-21-2013 at 08:59 PM   #4
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

You can try to use MSAF BEFORE it hits 12 AM tonight.
Don't quote me on this, but my guess is that since MSAF allows you to defer stuff within 5 days, you might be able to use that for the quiz you missed last Friday.
I'm not sure whether they count weekends into their 5-day rule, but it's definitely worth a try.

If MSAF doesn't work, there's pretty much nothing else you can do about it.
You can email your prof, but I highly doubt that he/she will excuse you from it (better than nothing though)
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:08 PM   #5
MariamH

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayy View Post
You can try to use MSAF BEFORE it hits 12 AM tonight.
Don't quote me on this, but my guess is that since MSAF allows you to defer stuff within 5 days, you might be able to use that for the quiz you missed last Friday.
I'm not sure whether they count weekends into their 5-day rule, but it's definitely worth a try.

If MSAF doesn't work, there's pretty much nothing else you can do about it.
You can email your prof, but I highly doubt that he/she will excuse you from it (better than nothing though)
But I thought the quiz was this week, when it actually opened last week. I don't really think my professor will let me redo the quiz. So I guess I will deal with the zero, but thanks for your quick replies.
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:13 PM   #6
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Just so you don't miss any more quizzes from now on, on avenue, it shows when something is due that week on the right side of the page.
for example: "Essay #2 due Nov. 25 at 11:59pm"
it's hard to miss.
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:17 PM   #7
MariamH

This is what happened last week: I got Bell's Palsy so the medications I was put on affected my sleep pattern and therefore I couldn't keep up the work. That probably caused my forgetting of the quiz. I didn't ask for a doctor's note though because I didn't have any assignment due last week (besides that quiz). So would getting a doctor's note now make a difference?
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:46 PM   #8
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariamH View Post
This is what happened last week: I got Bell's Palsy so the medications I was put on affected my sleep pattern and therefore I couldn't keep up the work. That probably caused my forgetting of the quiz. I didn't ask for a doctor's note though because I didn't have any assignment due last week (besides that quiz). So would getting a doctor's note now make a difference?
Having a doctor's note would definitely make a difference as long as it is not ridiculously out of date.
Get your doctor to explain your situation and your medication.
Normally, they ask that you submit the note within five days from your last absence, but I'd say your case is special since Bell's Palsy is arguably an ongoing thing

Good luck
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:52 PM   #9
MariamH

I just read my course syllabus and I will not redo the quiz but instead the percentage that the quiz is worth will be transferred to my exam. Also, the Bell's Palsy got treated so I feel better now. I will get a doctor's note to explain the situation nonetheless. Thanks so much for your help!
Old 11-24-2013 at 05:13 AM   #10
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

If the quiz weight will just be shifted, there is no point in getting a doctor's note just to address that. When there is a weight-shifting policy in place, profs don't care.