MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mayor Responds to Student Concerns about Stadium finklej MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-04-2010 04:32 PM
What are your biggest concerns/worries for this new school year? b_sunshine55 General Discussion 132 09-06-2009 01:39 AM
Residence Concerns (2009) lorend Residence & Housing 368 09-03-2009 09:59 AM

Concerns about res?

Old 08-15-2007 at 01:10 PM   #16
SaraM

Liked: 0 Times

okay, that clears alot up!

i only live in oakville so if it's needed after move-in i'll just drive home and get it.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-15-2007 at 04:13 PM   #17
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

i'll be going on vacation that labour day weekend, and will be back by monday night. is that a problem? where do i pick up my key?
Old 08-15-2007 at 04:16 PM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You're going to miss some Welcome Week events that are lots of fun (seriously)...you will be picking up your keys from the appropriate service desk; North Quad (whidden, woodstock, les prince, brandon, edwards, hedden, mckay), or West Quad (bates, keyes, moulton, mathews, wallingford).

You may want to call said service desk just to make sure everything is okay. I know you have to move into res by a certain day or you loose your spot, but I'm not sure what day that happens to be.
Old 08-15-2007 at 05:06 PM   #19
meerf

Liked: 7 Times

ok so im flying in from saudi arabia on the 2nd of september and thats when ill do my rez check in but the check in date for mckay is on the first. is checking in on the 2nd a problem?
Old 08-15-2007 at 08:21 PM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

No Meerf, that's fine. One day isn't a big deal. It's once it gets past a few days when it can be an issue.

SaraM, you will find friends. Don't worry.
Old 08-16-2007 at 09:09 PM   #21
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

lorend, where do i get the number for west quad service desk?
Old 08-16-2007 at 09:44 PM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

just call the main mac number (905-525-9140), and enter 0. You'll be connected to the switchboard. Ask them to connect you to the West Quad Service desk.

And they're open 24 hours a day...so feel free to call whenever.
Old 08-20-2007 at 03:12 PM   #23
Afrisa

On the Move-In flyer, it says "bring a picture for your registration card". Just to make sure, can I just bring in a copy of the photo I used for my student card (ie passport photo look-alike)?

The flyer also says "visit the telecom website to register for phone usage". When I went to the Telecom site, it only talked about long distance calls. Is there some other place I can register for phone usage?

Thanks.

(By the way, I really like your concerns thread. :])

Last edited by Afrisa : 08-20-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2007 at 04:42 PM   #24
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, that photo should be fine. It's needed for lock-out purposes. As long as it's recent you should be good.

To my knowlege, no, there is nowhere else to register. I didn't even HAVE that option three years ago, so unfortunately I'm not of much help to you right now.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-20-2007 at 06:02 PM   #25
pizzahut

as for the telephone, they give u a card and u jus set it up once u get into ur room. simple. dunno bout this online registration...
Old 08-20-2007 at 06:59 PM   #26
janeller

Liked: 3 Times

Is it necessary to fill out the Parent information form?? I can't seem to find it on the internet and i'm wondering if i should be concerned about getting it filled out at all. Thanks : )
Old 08-20-2007 at 07:39 PM   #27
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I'm not sure if this is the correct parent information form, but from what I recall three years ago it seems at least similar. https://awc.mcmaster.ca/parentform/

And I have a feeling they want you to fill it out incase of emergency if your parents need to be contacted. So I would do so...

It's from this main website: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /GetReg200509/GRstep1.htm

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-25-2007 at 08:21 AM   #28
lombard
Housing Assistant - Housing and Conference Services

you will have to register online. below is the link. it's also on the housing website homepage where you get your move in information

http://telecom.mcmaster.ca/rezphone.cfm
Old 08-25-2007 at 08:45 AM   #29
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

All that is though is the long distance for anyone NOT living in res, so I have no idea why they gave it to res people. As soon as you log in it says right at the top that it's only for non-resident students for home, mobile, fax and toll free services. So I'm thinking that we do just our phone stuff when we go get our key.
Old 08-25-2007 at 03:38 PM   #30
Caitlyn

Alyssa,
http://telecom.mcmaster.ca/rezphone.cfm

The above hyperlink is for students who WILL be living on-campus. If you fill out the form, everything will be ready once you move-in. The telecom people will be available during move-in (and after) but they would prefer if some people set up their long distance BEFORE move-in (to beat the long lineups).