Welcome Week Concerts 2009 Gibson General Discussion 144 08-21-2009 11:34 AM
Summer Concerts sinthusized General Discussion 34 06-04-2009 02:18 PM
welcome week concerts evansj6 General Discussion 31 08-13-2008 08:33 PM

Concerts

Old 08-06-2011 at 08:44 AM   #31
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Im seeing Knaan ft. Bedouin Soundclash on October 1st!

J. Dorey, mackenzie6 like this.
Old 08-06-2011 at 03:44 PM   #32
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevennn View Post
Since April, I've seen:
Crystal Castles (Sound Academy)
Timber Timbre (Cenetary United Church)
The Rural Alberta Advantage (Phoenix Concert Theatre)
Merzbow (Horseshoe Tavern)
Portugal. The Man (Lee's Palace)

NXNE is coming up soon, there's a bunch of bands I want to see there. I'm also thinking about going to Montreal for Osheaga too.
How was Merzbow I was goign to go to that concert?
Old 08-06-2011 at 04:15 PM   #33
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Saw Arkells play live for free downtown Toronto on Thursday, that was pretty sweet - they sound much better live.
I know there are a bunch of free concerts happening in Hamilton over the course of the weekend, if I'm not wrong I believe they are playing again in Hamilton tonight for a y108 concert.
Old 08-06-2011 at 04:56 PM   #34
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7takeo View Post
Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish were amazing!!! I still feel like skanking haha
Ahhh! You were there?? I was too! My legs were ALL bruised up after the show; I'm pretty sure every person in the skank pit at the side (not sure if you saw that pit..) stepped on me at least 10 times hah. You're a ska fan then I guess??
Old 08-06-2011 at 08:14 PM   #35
adam7takeo

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarme View Post
Ahhh! You were there?? I was too! My legs were ALL bruised up after the show; I'm pretty sure every person in the skank pit at the side (not sure if you saw that pit..) stepped on me at least 10 times hah. You're a ska fan then I guess??
I saw a few skank pits near the front/sides lol. I was sore for days after it, but it was worth it! I love ska It's way too fun to listen to and play
Old 08-06-2011 at 08:58 PM   #36
davidrivers

Liked: Liked 4 Times

dfa1979 in october.

Old 08-06-2011 at 09:04 PM   #37
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrivers View Post
dfa1979 in october.
Ahhhh, I'm jealous
Old 08-06-2011 at 09:58 PM   #38
allstarme

Quote:
I saw a few skank pits near the front/sides lol. I was sore for days after it, but it was worth it! I love ska It's way too fun to listen to and play
No way that's awesome! I don't think I've met a ska fan here yet Do you play brass cause that would be ridiiiiiiiic. Also lol I still have bruises from the show and it's been 3 weeks. They keep changing colour. I don't regret a thing
Old 08-06-2011 at 10:23 PM   #39
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Saw Arkells play live for free downtown Toronto on Thursday, that was pretty sweet - they sound much better live.
I know there are a bunch of free concerts happening in Hamilton over the course of the weekend, if I'm not wrong I believe they are playing again in Hamilton tonight for a y108 concert.
Saw that Arkells tonight at Festival of Friends (ie the y108 concert) and they were just incredible
Old 08-07-2011 at 10:59 AM   #40
enon

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrivers View Post
dfa1979 in october.
DFA are back?!! Had no idea.
Old 08-07-2011 at 11:22 AM   #41
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Foo Fighters coming this Tuesday August 9!
Arch Enemy in Toronto in September
Trivium & Dream Theater in Toronto on October 5..
Old 08-07-2011 at 01:38 PM   #42
adam7takeo

Quote:
No way that's awesome! I don't think I've met a ska fan here yet Do you play brass cause that would be ridiiiiiiiic. Also lol I still have bruises from the show and it's been 3 weeks. They keep changing colour. I don't regret a thing
Same here haha. I play just about everything but brass, but seriously want to learn and join a ska band. Kinda wish they'd played point counterpoint/keasbey nights or dear sergio, but I've got no complaints.
Old 08-07-2011 at 10:12 PM   #43
allstarme

Quote:
Same here haha. I play just about everything but brass, but seriously want to learn and join a ska band. Kinda wish they'd played point counterpoint/keasbey nights or dear sergio, but I've got no complaints.
I wish I could play brass to join a ska band too... haha. I actually met some guys who play in a ska band at Mac, they're called Small Town Get Up and you should check them out! I plan on supporting them at every Hamilton gig they play hah.

I loooved the setlist. I've seen point/keasbey/counterpoint and dear sergio before, or else I'd been a little bummed too, but I can't believe they played Skyscraper and Me and Julio. @[email protected] two of my favourites off 99sor.

are you a planet smashers fan?
friday september 16 at opera house. MARK YOUR BOOKS.
Old 08-08-2011 at 08:43 PM   #44
adam7takeo

Quote:
I wish I could play brass to join a ska band too... haha. I actually met some guys who play in a ska band at Mac, they're called Small Town Get Up and you should check them out! I plan on supporting them at every Hamilton gig they play hah.

I loooved the setlist. I've seen point/keasbey/counterpoint and dear sergio before, or else I'd been a little bummed too, but I can't believe they played Skyscraper and Me and Julio. @[email protected] two of my favourites off 99sor.

are you a planet smashers fan?
friday september 16 at opera house. MARK YOUR BOOKS.
They sound pretty awesome! I hope they play at/around mac this year.

I went crazy when they played Skyscraper. It's one of my favourite Bad Religion songs and was not expecting them to play it.
I've heard a few songs by the Planet Smashers, they sound like a solid ska band. And you can never go wrong with a good ska show to start the school year

I can't believe I missed Bomb the Music Industry!(very good DIY ska band), but am hoping I can go to Cobra Skulls in October (more punk than ska lol)
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:22 AM   #45
allstarme

Quote:
I went crazy when they played Skyscraper. It's one of my favourite Bad Religion songs and was not expecting them to play it.
I've heard a few songs by the Planet Smashers, they sound like a solid ska band. And you can never go wrong with a good ska show to start the school year

I can't believe I missed Bomb the Music Industry!(very good DIY ska band), but am hoping I can go to Cobra Skulls in October (more punk than ska lol)
I'm pretty sure I freaked out throughout the entire friggin setlist oh man. Planet Smashers are awesome, the first time I ever joined a circle pit was at a smashers show, so they'll always hold a special place in my heart haha

and ahhhh, I missed BTMI too! 2 sundays ago at sneaky dee's right?? i had work :( i know some people who went and they said it was awesome (obviously, haha). i've never listened to cobra skulls but i do know they played at hamilton once with the flatliners? i should add them to my already-too-long list of bands to check out