MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15 units IqzFendi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-28-2011 07:30 AM
Course Units IIkingdrewII First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-04-2011 01:46 PM
Organic Chem Confusion! mcmastergcdb Academics 10 10-12-2010 07:56 PM
Max number of units Omega_X13 Academics 2 06-25-2008 08:04 PM

Confusion abt the number of units in chem eng

Old 08-18-2011 at 01:09 AM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Confusion abt the number of units in chem eng
The site I usually go to, to check the courses and the units I need for my program (chem eng), had a change made to it with respect to the no. of units to have.

It now mentions 33-36 units, compared to just 36 up until yesterday.

What does this mean?

What if I take only 33 instead of 36?

Thnx in adv.
John
Old 08-18-2011
GregZ
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-18-2011 at 04:41 AM   #2
GregZ

Liked: 4 Times

This is because you have options to take different classes that are worth different amounts. I think you are referring to third year where you have the option of taking chem 2E03 or both chem 2OA3 and chem 2OB3. If you just take chem 2E03 you will have 33 units for the year and that is perfectly fine, but you also have the option of taking chem 2OA3 and chem 2OB3 which would put you at 36 units for the year.

jon.john23 says thanks to GregZ for this post.
Old 08-18-2011 at 05:03 AM   #3
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregZ View Post
This is because you have options to take different classes that are worth different amounts. I think you are refering to third year where you have the option of taking chem 2E03 or both chem 2OA3 and chem 2OB3. If you just take chem 2E03 you will have 33 units for the year and that is perfectly fine, but you also have the option of taking chem 2OA3 and chem 2OB3 which would put you at 36 units for theyear.
Nope don't think that's how it works.

In third year you have to take 9 units. You just have a choice whether you take orgo I and orgo II + something else or chem 2e03 + 2 other courses.

Also OP does your website match this?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...12/pg1203.html

jon.john23 says thanks to muons for this post.