MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to foreword mac email to hotmail? eunhyuks First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-12-2011 11:18 PM
do we get our message we receive room our roommate in out hotmail 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-19-2011 09:19 PM
Hotmail not working guest_295 General Discussion 13 03-04-2011 11:35 AM
Hotmail sending out emails? mellye Computers & Tech 3 12-27-2010 03:31 PM
Online Connection Chandlerowns Residence & Housing 8 08-04-2010 02:06 PM

Connection to Facebook, Hotmail, etc.

Old 02-27-2012 at 06:45 PM   #1
AeRo

Liked: 10 Times

Connection to Facebook, Hotmail, etc.
Hi!I got a new computer recently (Acer Aspire One). My internet wasn't work with MacConnect, so I switched over to using MacSecure. Now I can access the internet, but facebook, hotmail and avenue will not load fully. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?Thanks!
Old 02-27-2012 at 06:54 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

This is really bizarre, what browser are you using? And what does 'not load fully' mean?
I suspect this has something to do with the speed/rate at which you're receiving data, but kinda hard to tell
Old 02-27-2012 at 07:59 PM   #3
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

^^Agreed
Its likely the speed of macSecure which Ive found SUPER slow lately, far more than maconnect. Its the speed is too slow then the page will not load fully (at least not within a reasonable time)

Fixes:
-never, ever, ever use internet explorer. Firefox or Chrome only.
-Make sure your pop-up blocker is not blocking the macconect login.
Old 02-27-2012 at 10:27 PM   #4
AeRo

The problem is the internet is not fast enough to let me download google chrome. Is there anyway of resolving this that anyone can think of?
Old 02-27-2012 at 11:10 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo View Post
The problem is the internet is not fast enough to let me download google chrome. Is there anyway of resolving this that anyone can think of?
Download and install google chrome at home?
Old 02-27-2012 at 11:15 PM   #6
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Just go somewhere else on campus...I never have problem with internet in Mills these days. Also I doubt you can have MacInsiders fully running to post, yet cannot download a tiny browser...

But yeah, just move to a different location and problem should be fixed.
Old 02-28-2012 at 12:01 AM   #7
AeRo

hey! i'm using my other computer right now to do these posts. the internet at my student house is pretty bad too, so facebook, hotmail, gmail, avenue, etc. is not loading. i think i may try using the blue cord to connect to a port at school to try to download google chrone, but does anyone have any suggestions if that doesn't work?
Old 02-28-2012 at 12:08 AM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
hey! i'm using my other computer right now to do these posts. the internet at my student house is pretty bad too, so facebook, hotmail, gmail, avenue, etc. is not loading. i think i may try using the blue cord to connect to a port at school to try to download google chrone, but does anyone have any suggestions if that doesn't work?
Maybe google chrome portable?
Old 02-28-2012 at 12:35 AM   #9
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

re-install your wireless driver. Its not the browser if it also doesnt work at home. Its the computer.
Old 02-29-2012 at 07:25 PM   #10
JACrazy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Use a wired connection at HSL library or a residence. If that doesnt change anything, then its your computer.