MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I LOST MY KEY, MAC ID, etc... sagar35 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-19-2010 05:53 PM
Any LOST fans out there? maclover Movies & Television 13 05-12-2010 08:06 PM
Lost iPod :( hsn_ Volunteering Opportunities 15 04-21-2010 07:30 PM
Projector Lost in BSB Richa General Discussion 0 03-27-2010 01:52 PM
Lost Wallet goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-03-2010 08:00 AM

Course selection. I am SO lost man.

Old 07-18-2008 at 12:15 PM   #1
Logic

Liked: 0 Times

Course selection. I am SO lost man.
Okay. I am I believe a registered student as I activated my MAC ID and mailed in my photo id crap. I'm going for Commerce, and basically I am 100% lost about course selection and what I gotta do before that in preparation and planification and etc. Can anybody give me some guidance or a link to one?
Old 07-18-2008 at 01:03 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Okay Logic, what I'm wondering right now is why you didn't register for your courses the same day as the rest of your faculty?

As a basic guideline here is the Getting Registered Site from the Registrar's office

To start, you need to meet the requirements of your faculty (how many units per year and from which classes, etc) Here is the Undergraduate Calendar for Commerce. Depending on what PROGRAM you intend to continue with, your requirements change.

Here is the Master Time Table from which you need to pick your courses. This will tell you what courses are offered this year, what time they are, who they are taught by, and what semester they are in, etc.

Now once you know what courses you need write them all out and then go onto MUGSI and sign into SOLAR which is where you will register for your courses. Until you do that, and do your payment agreement you are not a registered student.

Do not be surprised if your courses are full because you left it so late. However, if they are required for your degree then you have priority and so a seat will be made for you. You will have to contact the Commerce Deptartment about this.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-18-2008 at 01:05 PM   #3
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug/business1.html

That's the site for new Business students which has a lot of useful information, especially in the 'useful links' section.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /registered/getregistered will help u get registered and everything.
Old 07-18-2008 at 11:14 PM   #4
Logic

Liked: 0 Times

okay true thanks kokosas and alvand i appreciate it, and i think i'll be good for now but if i need some more help ill be sure to hit up another thread
Old 07-19-2008 at 12:21 AM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

It isn't too late to select courses Logic, but some electives may be full now.

All of our MacInsiders articles on MUGSI and SOLAR can be found here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 5

Include two on course registration here and here. Enjoy.
Old 07-21-2008 at 01:09 PM   #6
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

Don't feel too horribly bad about it - I was in the exact same situation as you when I regisitered for courses in first year, and I didn't end up choosing courses until the middle of august - at that point even my core courses were full and I had to call the registrar (who sent me to the dean of science) to get permission to sneak into my required courses.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 07-23-2008 at 10:18 PM   #7
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yikes. Well, I hope everything works out for you. But for the rest of your university career, and post-university life, remember to try and stay on top of things. It's sweet that you can still choose your courses so late after everything has gone through, good luck!