MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring into med rad? anm56 Academics 1 12-30-2013 03:35 PM
What do they look at transferring between programs in Science? hellonewyork Academics 5 06-13-2010 02:55 PM
Transferring meena101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-08-2010 07:37 AM
Transferring to Mac k2s8262 Academics 3 03-18-2009 08:09 PM
Transferring to Mac Trillian Academics 4 01-04-2009 07:56 PM

Course selection if transferring programs?

Old 06-13-2014 at 08:02 PM   #1
VerminSupreme

Liked: 0 Times

Course selection if transferring programs?
Hello everyone! Seeing as I'm switching programs for next year (currently going into second year at Mac) I was wondering if I would pick my courses on my current program course selection date or the transferred program date? If the latter is the case would I still pick my second year program on SOLAR on the course selection date of my current program (seeing as we pick our second year program/specializations before we do course selection)? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2014 at 08:37 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

whatever it says on your degree audit. I'd be safe and go with your old program
Old 06-13-2014 at 08:43 PM   #3
VerminSupreme

Liked: 0 Times

It doesn't say anything about course registration dates on my Degree Audit/Grade Report, if I went with my old program would I still be able to register courses for my new program which are exclusive to that program?
Old 06-13-2014 at 09:08 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You don't look on degree audit or grade report, you look on SOLAR. Go as if you were about to register for courses, and when you get to the screen where you select undergrad fall/winter, it should have the date that it opens up (if it's not opened already).

Having said that, since SOLAR has no way of knowing that you intend to transfer, it's not going to know to open up on a different day. Unless you deal with the issue ahead of time through the school and get them to set it up so that SOLAR opens on the day for your new program, you register on the day it opens up for the faculty you were in last year. Then when you select the program to register in, you just select your new one, and now SOLAR knows what you're registered in, so you can select courses accordingly.
Old 06-14-2014 at 01:50 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

The issue is getting into solar to confirm your degree and knowing which day to do that. That's why I suggested degree audit
Old 06-14-2014 at 01:58 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
The issue is getting into solar to confirm your degree and knowing which day to do that. That's why I suggested degree audit
If you go through the steps as if you were trying to log on to SOLAR, at the very last step, where you click on undergrad fall/winter registration, if it's not open then you won't be able to click on it to enter, but it will have the dates it's available for you, right beside it in the next column.

All degree audit tells you is the program you were last registered in (which you would presumably already know ). It doesn't have any dates for when you can log on to SOLAR.