MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Core Selections Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 10:59 PM
Help needed with cource selections for social science 1 amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 11:01 AM
Course Selections Help (Btech) Lolisuck First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-22-2010 12:08 PM
REALLY confused about course selections katherinelew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-10-2010 03:40 PM
Level II Science Program Selections - Hon. Bio? marcie Academics 3 04-04-2010 01:30 AM

Course selections.

Old 04-22-2010 at 10:38 AM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
oh hmm I dont know if I like that trade off lol, a day off every week for really long days I liked my first year days to be 3 hours long lol
That happened to me this year. I had nine hours of class on Wednesday (1030-130, 230-530, 7-10)...it was awful. I prefer to have around three hours of class a day rather than lots in one day, because once that day if over I'm dead...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-22-2010 at 11:58 AM   #17
person33

Liked: 53 Times

does anyone know when the course master list comes out for the fall?
Old 04-22-2010 at 12:07 PM   #18
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
does anyone know when the course master list comes out for the fall?
well im pretty sure it has to come out before anyone starts choosing courses on SOLAR so has to be before june 7, I would expect it soon.
Old 04-22-2010 at 12:24 PM   #19
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

omg finally im in a year with almost first pick
Old 04-22-2010 at 01:45 PM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
well im pretty sure it has to come out before anyone starts choosing courses on SOLAR so has to be before june 7, I would expect it soon.
Last year it came out five days before 4th years started to pick.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-22-2010 at 09:05 PM   #21
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Three hour days? That's sounding pretty good so far. The sample timetable for life sciences in the handbook was jam-packed with courses though. That was kind of intimidating >: O.
Old 04-22-2010 at 09:20 PM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Three hour days? That's sounding pretty good so far. The sample timetable for life sciences in the handbook was jam-packed with courses though. That was kind of intimidating >: O.
I'm in Humanities/Soc Sci, so we don't have labs, which add to the amount of class you have a week.

Three hours of lecture /class x 5 classes = approximately 15 hours a week, and if you're lucky everything is spread out to three hours a day.

Old 05-06-2010 at 10:08 PM   #23
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Thanks for the help everyone. Now I have to try and make the decision between kin and life sci. My friends keep telling me to go to Waterloo or UofT for life sci, but I don't know what to think :S.
Old 05-06-2010 at 10:21 PM   #24
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I graduated this year, but I might come back to McMaster to complete another degree - Geography. I'll be doing a 3 year BA in one year. Does anyone know where I would be on this list? I think I would be considered a third year Science student, but I'm not sure..

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...bVer sion.pdf
Old 05-07-2010 at 08:09 AM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I graduated this year, but I might come back to McMaster to complete another degree - Geography. I'll be doing a 3 year BA in one year. Does anyone know where I would be on this list? I think I would be considered a third year Science student, but I'm not sure..

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...bVer sion.pdf
If you have your old student card than I would assume you would just go up another year. If its higher than 5 then maybe it's still in that category... If you aren't doing anything in summer you can try calling, probably the registrar or you can just try each of the days if you are patient.

Kathy2 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.