MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering II Program Sizes leech3 Academics 23 04-18-2010 08:50 AM
Summer School and CGPA makion First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-24-2010 10:46 AM
Mac's Software engineering and game design program rick Academics 5 09-09-2009 09:22 PM
Astrophysics? Medical Physics? Honours Physics? Engineering? Which to choose? tammy37 Academics 9 05-14-2009 02:11 AM
Calculating Final CGPA Fares Academics 3 02-27-2009 05:36 PM

What is the cut off CGPA for M.A.SC (THESIS) program of Engineering Physics

Old 06-04-2009 at 11:35 AM   #1
sami6108

Liked: 0 Times

What is the cut off CGPA for M.A.SC (THESIS) program of Engineering Physics
Hey guys, My name is sami and um from bangladesh. I have applied for the M.A.Sc (THESIS) degree of Engineering Physics department for the Fall, 09. They said to me they will make the decision in this month. But i am just wondering what is the cut off cgpa of this program as I am really tensed by thinking whether i will be able to get in or not.

My CGPA is 3.70 on a scale of 4 (Here in our uni 3.75 represents 90% Marks and 3.5 represents 86% marks.... based on that i have around 89% marks) and I was with in the top 10% of the class. My IELTS score is 7 ( L-8.5, R-7, S-7, W-6). Apart from that i have around 1 year telecom experience in one of the leading telco company of Bangladesh. But the negative part is that i dnt have any visible research experience.

Guys any of u can provide me the info what is the cut off CGPA of the above mentioned program or what is my chance to get in to the program, It will be a great help for me.

Bye n tc.
Old 06-04-2009 at 02:30 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

From the Eng Phys Grad Admissions page:

The Department of Engineering Physics offers programmes of study leading to the M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Engineering Physics. For admission to the M.A.Sc. degree programme, a strong baccalaureate degree with at least a B standing (equivalent to McMaster's GPA - 8.0) in engineering, mathematics or the physical sciences is required.

That's all we can really offer you though, I'm afraid. You'd have to contact the department to find out how many students they take each year.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

sami6108 says thanks to lorend for this post.