MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer School question santiagoeb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 02-03-2011 01:37 AM
Tired old med school question... Kendoon Academics 13 08-18-2010 11:48 PM
Question about summer school! reillea Academics 3 06-11-2010 05:17 PM
Summer school question HG88 Academics 4 12-25-2009 11:38 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Day school question

Old 02-02-2011 at 08:25 PM   #1
titaniummob

Liked: 0 Times

Day school question
Hey I'm planning to go to Mac next year and had a quick question. I know they will look at final mark for semester 1 and mid terms for semester 2 for acceptance. Currently i have English this semester but i have to switch out the course due to some serious personal issues with me relating to and incident with her son. Unfortunately all the other classes are full so my options are night school or day school. I know night school lasts the same time as a normal semester so there is no problem there with my English mark being sent out properly at midterm. My question is that if i take day school it will last 3 months starting April 24 and ending June 30. Midterms are sent out April 21, it will show that i haven't taken English which is a problem because it is required for admission everywhere. Does this mean i cannot take English during the day, which is much more convenient then night school, and have to take it during night school? Or when i get my final English mark, June 30th, will it be too late for admission offers? I really want to take English during day school so is it not plausible due to all admission offers going out before i complete or get my midterm marks from it. My first semester i had an 88% average with Chem, Bio and advanced functions. This semester i have Physics, Calc, World issues and currently english which is hopefully going to be replaced with challenge and change. Please Help Thank you.
Old 02-02-2011 at 08:34 PM   #2
peanuts

Liked: 1 Time

This question should be directed to your guidance counsellor.
Old 02-02-2011 at 08:36 PM   #3
titaniummob

I would have but they want me to take a number and wait for my turn in which time it will be to late to change courses or enroll in night/day school.
Old 02-02-2011 at 08:38 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

This is a very iffy issue that should be talked with a person at Mac (email or phone or go in to the school).

High school councellors are usually useless and have very wrong information (in my experience).

edit: can you not enroll, then drop the night class if you get the information you seek (if no academic or financial penalty)

xxsumz says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 02-02-2011 at 08:41 PM   #5
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

My guidance person in highschool was uselesssss
Old 02-02-2011 at 08:44 PM   #6
titaniummob

do you guys know what email i can contact Mac through i cannot find any on there site
Old 02-04-2011 at 02:37 PM   #7
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummob View Post
do you guys know what email i can contact Mac through i cannot find any on there site
I would just call them.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html

Hold time ain't bad.
Old 02-04-2011 at 05:48 PM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

night school is ok as long it is done before a certian date. i know summer school wont cut it simply cause it is past the final offers (unless they really want u and will accept it)
Old 02-07-2011 at 11:42 PM   #9
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummob View Post
i have English this semester but i have to switch out the course due to some serious personal issues with me relating to and incident with her son.
What kind of incident did you have with the teachers son is my question!?
Old 02-08-2011 at 09:06 AM   #10
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
night school is ok as long it is done before a certian date. i know summer school wont cut it simply cause it is past the final offers (unless they really want u and will accept it)
McMaster doesn't accept Summer marks for registration purpose.
Old 02-08-2011 at 11:00 AM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

If there's really no way to work around your problem with the teacher then why not virtual school? It might be costly, but it solves your problem and you can work at your own pace. Also, I believe the year I was applying the last day for mark submissions was June 30th.
Old 02-09-2011 at 05:04 PM   #12
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

I don't think there is a problem with the start date of the English class because you can get your school (or whoever is running the English class) to send an email or letter to Mac stating that you are/willing be taking English and they'll wait. HOWEVER, I believe conditions of your offer and final marks MUST be submitted by June 30th. And as seeing as that's when you finish, that may pose a problem because your final mark probably won't be submitted by then.
Old 02-09-2011 at 05:07 PM   #13
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
McMaster doesn't accept Summer marks for registration purpose.
that depends on what u do. if u end up staying back a year then yes they will. if u want marks immedetely to enter mac this year, then no
Old 02-09-2011 at 05:54 PM   #14
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

You should talk to one of the ladies at the Humanities Academic Advising Office. First floor of CNH.