MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trouble deciding what to do? sabonator Introduce Yourself 2 03-21-2014 11:36 AM
Deciding between two psych course - HELP achhin Academics 0 05-30-2013 12:23 PM
Deciding Between Two Courses oxelhs Academics 4 01-03-2013 08:46 AM
Need Help Deciding on a Laptop logans Computers & Tech 17 08-22-2010 01:17 AM
Post-Graduate Series Part Six: Graduate School lorend Post-Graduate Advice Series 2 05-06-2009 12:19 PM

Deciding not to Graduate

Old 05-01-2014 at 02:25 PM   #1
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

Deciding not to Graduate
I have completed all of my degree requirements for the Life Sciences program, but I was wondering if I was allowed to switch into Honours Bio (where I would be shy of 2 required courses), thus preventing me from graduating. I want to do this since if I don't get into a professional program, I would like to come back for a 5th year to raise my GPA. Also, I would like to receive OSAP, and as a continuing education student, I believe OSAP is not given,

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2014 at 02:51 PM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

You should really go talk to an academic advisor at the science associate dean's office in bsb. they have drop in from 1:00-3:30 every day I believe. Those are the only people qualified to tell you what your options are.
Old 05-01-2014 at 03:10 PM   #3
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Liked: 9 Times

Probably dont include the fact that you want to come for a fifth year because you would like to receive OSAP. That sounds like it could be seen as an abuse of student financial aid
Old 05-01-2014 at 03:56 PM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

A lot of life sci students tend to have enough psych courses to do an extra year to complete a BA in psych. That was my plan if I didn't get into professional school, and that way I could still graduate with a degree. Check out what your options are and talk to an academic advisor.