MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going ahead with a scheduling conflict? amyshi Academics 3 06-15-2010 12:00 PM
Question about Honours History program requirements rebeccaaa Academics 2 06-11-2010 09:33 AM
Honours Molecular Bio and Genetics vs. Honours Biology (Physiology Specialization) kritters91 Academics 4 06-10-2010 07:42 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Psych Neuroscience & Behaviour mel89 Academics 0 08-20-2009 03:11 PM
Purposely Scheduling Conflicts Phouma Academics 1 01-02-2009 11:06 PM

Didn't make Honours - Scheduling question

Old 05-31-2010 at 05:53 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Didn't make Honours - Scheduling question
So I'm about 0.1 off from making Honours Comm. Difference between the two:

Honours Comm:

6 units Level III or IV Commerce courses
9 units from COMMERCE 2SB3, electives from non-Commerce courses. See also the International/Cross-Cultural/Language Menu in this section of the Calendar.

Comm:

15 units from COMMERCE 2SB3, electives from non-Commerce courses. See also the International/Cross-Cultural/Language Menu in this section of the Calendar.

I'm just trying to figure out my mock time table...

Does this mean that I absolutely WILL be restricted from taking more than 5 commerce courses on Solar?

I really hate electives, lol. >_<

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 05-31-2010 at 06:13 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Can you take commerce courses as electives, or does your department get pissy when you do that?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-31-2010 at 06:23 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

No idea.

It specifically states Non-Commerce though. :( I wonder if Solar is actually programmed to clue in to someone who's trying to take more commerce courses than allowed. Just sucks that I'll be even further behind once getting my 6.0

Old 05-31-2010 at 06:54 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Try and see?

What about the Econs that can be used for Business?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-31-2010 at 06:58 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Try and see?

What about the Econs that can be used for Business?
Haha, I have no problem trying and seeing. I'd just like to know if it's possible so that I can make up a mock time table, since I'm actually making one this year. XDD

I've taken all the econs that count as business courses (or vice versa) and I'm currently filling up those 15 electives with the remaining econ courses I need for the minor. xD

Old 05-31-2010 at 07:02 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Oh, and this really isn't relevant to the topic at hand, but does anyone know if you need the 7.0 average to take 18 units in one semester and 12 in the other?

Old 05-31-2010 at 07:19 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Oh, and this really isn't relevant to the topic at hand, but does anyone know if you need the 7.0 average to take 18 units in one semester and 12 in the other?
Yes, you do.

lawleypop says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 05-31-2010 at 07:21 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Yes, you do.
I want to like and dislike your post at the same time. :(

Old 05-31-2010 at 08:39 PM   #9
X!Bilet

Liked: 4 Times

As long as it doesnt distinctly say in your course description that u have to be in honours.. then solar wont care.. its not that smart.. itll let you make dumb mistakes.. aside from like antirequisites and such.. but as long as you are elegible to be in the program that allows you to take the course.. then it wont matter, i dont think..
Old 05-31-2010 at 09:33 PM   #10
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Yes, you do.
really? in first year, solar allowed me to have 6 courses in term 1 and 4 courses in term 2 at one time though I didn't stick with it.
Old 05-31-2010 at 09:51 PM   #11
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
really? in first year, solar allowed me to have 6 courses in term 1 and 4 courses in term 2 at one time though I didn't stick with it.
You can do that. It stops you if you try to do more than 30 units overall in a single year. They don't care if you have 5 & 5 or if you do 6 & 4.
Old 05-31-2010 at 10:19 PM   #12
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

Yep, you aren't allowed to take any commerce electives except for Commerce 2SB3. But it's cancelled this coming year. So you're stuck with taking all other electives. It sucks having so many electives cos I was .2 away from honours last year.....But the electives did help pull my marks up by ALOT

You can make up the two commerce electives in Honours Commerce III in fourth year when you enter Honours.

Hope this helps!